Match Day Prices Announced

Well, once again the potg prices make season tickets seem great value.  It's definitely what mr chansiri is trying to do,. Change the ticket buying culture.  The more season tickets we sell the easier it is to plan financially for the coming season. He will know how much he's going to have to commit for the season.

the prices are high,  but I can see why.  I'm not sure bumping the membership price is a good idea at all.  And the cat A for the villa game is stupid.

No chance of getting an average attendance of anywhere near 25K anytime soon.  When I reckon sensible membership and Potg prices would have seen us achieve this comfortably in 16-17.

So despite all the goodwill and excitement around the club right now, Hillsborough will be half-empty and the atmospheres equally so throughout the next season.

Huge own goal here IMO.

4 minutes ago, Slick. said:

No chance of getting an average attendance of anywhere near 25K anytime soon.  When I reckon sensible membership and Potg prices would have seen us achieve this comfortably in 16-17.

So despite all the goodwill and excitement around the club right now, Hillsborough will be half-empty and the atmospheres equally so throughout the next season.

Huge own goal here IMO.

How many people who made up the potg crowd last season have now bought season tickets? 

The club claim to have sold 20k season tickets so that's 4 - 5k up on last year.  Some of these extras will be people that potg last year...

1 hour ago, vulva said:

The prices are an absolute disgrace, for season tickets and especially POTG. We are in danger of losing a generation of fans, ironically at a ground where we consistently fail to fill more than 60% of the available seats. 

No excuses at all, for footballers earning millions every year, not even at the top level. The game desperately needs another ITV digital situation to sort itself out once and for all. 

Quick numerical comparison:

Say 20,000 at around £500 a time (for this season) = £10 million income.

Compared with Steve Fletcher (not accounting for any signing on / agent fee) on £35k a week for 52 weeks = £1.82 million.

That's nearly 20% of this season's S/T revenue on one 'free transfer' - doesn't go far these days.

Not supporting the prices, but as I said on a similar thread last year - this goes wider than just Wednesday and needs taking up at FA, Premier League, Football League level.

8 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I'd honestly judge anyone that paid on the gate against Villa. Even more so if, like me, they had to travel a decent distance to get there at a cost. 

It's just lunacy to alienate people who can't get to many games. 

what if you like to go watch football?

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

When you 'purchase' a day pass (or in this case get the free offer) it asks you, after, if you want to activate it or save it.

Just choose to save it. Then on the day, activate it.

Its a pretty simple system, really. Without being too self deprecating, even I can use it.

The he only down side with Now TV is that Sky only stream via SD and not HD. You can watch it via your laptop, IPad etc - but if you want to watch sport on your TV you have to buy a streaming device. Now TV do one, it's £14:99 but with that you usually get 2 X day passes - so effectively the streaming device is free.

Tesco's etc sell them. But make sure you buy the 'Sports' package if that's you want to watch.

Or just get Amazon fire stick and Kodi

It's the only criticism I could level against Chansiri since he took over. 

Everything else he's done (from an outsider looking in) has been spot on, but these prices (the Category A, B, C etc) are simply just too high. 

The Villa game at £40+ is daft imho. 

Opening game of the season, live on Sky, just screams of an opportunity to have a lower price and get a really good gate in  - start the season off with a bang on the pitch and in the stands. 

Instead we might be looking at 25,000 tops? 

Edited by SiJ

4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Some people might buy membership to contribute to the Club and only make one game (or less games than the membership financially benefits them...

Tis true, and very admirable for those that do; but in that circumstance wouldn't be a reason to add it on to the price of one match ticket.