I really do not recognise that he's a lazy player. But running around a lot isn't his game. Hes a thinker, he looks around for space, he runs into space and isn't found nearly enough!

At this level it's rare that you can have everything.

Do I want Hooper running around doing donkey work then being too knackered to get up field to where he's supposed to be, in time? No. If I had my way he'd not move past 30 yards from goal. He'd hang off the final defender more than he does.

We do not take advantage of Hoopers strengths nearly enough, which makes some fans only focus on his weaknesses.

Very good observation and sums up my thoughts. 

Wednesday fans are often just happy for a 'tryer' - doesn't matter if they're not very good or score goals, but they tried!

As others have said he needs someone alongside him to do the donkey work (no pun intended.) He isn't going to be a handfull for two cb's like Atdhe. One thing he could work on though is his control whoch is often poor for someone at his level. Big strong striker to score goals (crouch) would be ideal. We need players who can cross the ball too.

Somebody has posted them on here and they are staggering in favour of him playing with a partner

That said I don't need a spreadsheet to tell me what my eyes can.

Didn't Hooper look a different man against Cardiff. Why was that?

i'm a fan of hooper and he would be in my team but what you see with your eyes isnt fact its just your opinion ....

We didn't lose on Saturday because of the set up ffs

I'm in the FF leftie camp, but can see that cc doesnt think we had an alternative forward.

Joao, nuhiu, bus, lavery all not good enough to start, allowing cc to play at left mid.

Somebody has posted them on here and they are staggering in favour of him playing with a partner

That said I don't need a spreadsheet to tell me what my eyes can.

Didn't Hooper look a different man against Cardiff. Why was that?

Because Hull are twice the side that Cardiff are. Hooper is a flat track bully. Needs a pre season behind him, and a few goals early on.

He is a proven championship striker if we play to his strengths the trouble is we don't

Theirin I think lies one of the issues we've had since he joined.

The system that best plays to his strengths.....  leaves us looking a bit milky in midfield.

Where have I said that? This thread is about Hooper and the total mugs slagging him off.

He is a proven championship striker if we play to his strengths the trouble is we don't

Apologies. I meant to quote the one above you

Theirin I think lies one of the issues we've had since he joined.

The system that best plays to his strengths.....  leaves us looking a bit milky in midfield.

Bingo

I see Hooper as a poacher and needs to be played in a system to support this.

He's been dropping far too deep and trying to create something himself (which rarely comes off).

I agree though; his body language (and his interviews sometimes) appear to show a lack of interest.

what are the fact stats when he's played with a big striker next him compared to when its forestieri ......

Here are the stats at the end of the league season. I've not updated them to include playoff games. These figures reflect the combination of players who were on the pitch at the time each goal was scored, rather than who started a game...

Forestieri’s goals:

On the left wing: 11

Alongside João: 3

Alongside Nuhiu: 1

Alongside Hooper: 0

Hooper’s goals:

Alongside Nuhiu: 6

Alongside Forestieri: 4

Alongside João: 3

João’s goals:

Alongside Hooper: 3

Alongside Forestieri: 2

Upfront on his own: 1

Alongside Nuhiu: 0

Nuhiu’s goals:

Alongside Forestieri: 1

Alongside Matias: 1

Alongside Hooper: 1

Alongside João: 0

i got shot down when i said that imo he was lazy and told the only one to think this! i have seen nothing to change my mind. i have seen him play 2 games when he was mom by a mile i have seen him score a few brilliant goals and i have seen him score goals. but he goes missing far too much. heard every excuse in the book needed to get fit/needs a strike partner/needs to play in the box/needs someone to cross to him/ he needs he needs he needs. this guy can play i have seen him do it this guy can score goals i have seen him do this. its all about him and what he needs not the team and what the TEAM need. they all work for each other whether they are any good or having a bad day at the office they all play for each other as a team. he doesn't

i got shot down when i said that imo he was lazy and told the only one to think this! i have seen nothing to change my mind. i have seen him play 2 games when he was mom by a mile i have seen him score a few brilliant goals and i have seen him score goals. but he goes missing far too much. heard every excuse in the book needed to get fit/needs a strike partner/needs to play in the box/needs someone to cross to him/ he needs he needs he needs. this guy can play i have seen him do it this guy can score goals i have seen him do this. its all about him and what he needs not the team and what the TEAM need. they all work for each other whether they are any good or having a bad day at the office they all play for each other as a team. he doesn't

you'd have thought the manager would have noticed that .....do you honestly think if carlos thought for one moment that hooper

wasnt pulling his weight that he'd pick him ....

This