You're prepared to pin promotion hopes on a kid with a seasons experience in League One playing for Barnsley?

If that happens we definitely need to be reducing the ticket prices. Sounds like a Dave Allen signing.

He was level with rashford 6 months ago, will be at a champ club next season, or even around the mufc squad.

Guest Fedor

Christ this is getting boring.

Extremely , mainly because one poster has been banging the same drum for three weeks.Started numerous threads about it. Won't listen to others points of view but calls them blindfolded and then puts in constant lies to try and convince.

He was level with rashford 6 months ago, will be at a champ club next season, or even around the mufc squad.

A lot of players were level with Rashford 6 months ago. A lot of players were level with Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy 2 years ago. It doesn't mean they should all be going to the Euro's.

He will be at a Chamoionship club- probably Barnsley, but he's not even close to being the finished article we need. Taking Fletcher to lead the line would be a total punt. More chance of Joao producing the goods.

A lot of players were level with Rashford 6 months ago. A lot of players were level with Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy 2 years ago. It doesn't mean they should all be going to the Euro's.

He will be at a Chamoionship club- probably Barnsley, but he's not even close to being the finished article we need. Taking Fletcher to lead the line would be a total punt. More chance of Joao producing the goods.

If cc does go with a 4-5-1, then a good pre season should see Joao get the start. Whatever formation, Joao has to deliver & establish himself next season.

Because if Hooper/Fessi is our prefered strikeforce next year we move down the table, not up.

Yes results have been shocking when we've used it

lol

And Carlos doesn't have 1 preferred strike force, as his use of a variety of different permutations proves

Extremely , mainly because one poster has been banging the same drum for three weeks.Started numerous threads about it. Won't listen to others points of view but calls them blindfolded and then puts in constant lies to try and convince.

This

Guest Fedor

Fedor do you think Hooper and Fessi works?

Also do you think that Hooper looks better with a strike partner?

Yes and yes

Right...

Well can we stop arguing this lol

I think Fessi works really well on the left but also in that number 10 type role.

Next season I'd like to see the club bring in a Sam Vokes type - a target man who can contribute 12-15 goals a season.

Guest Fedor

Sherlock Holmowl is talking Spanish Armadas in another thread.

The funny thing is it all stemmed from his love of Nuhiu

lol lol

This thread is stuck on repeat.

For Carlos to play FF wide and let somebody else partner Hooper he needed to think two things were going to happen.

1 That the two strikers have to be capable of causing the opposition defence a lot of problems

2 That this change to team shape with FF playing as a wide midfielder was not going to make us weaker defensively

Against the top teams he didn't think Joao or Nuhiu would have an impact and he thought FF wide would leave us exposed

Against Cardiff he knew they were not very good , especially up front so played Joao.

Against Brighton and Hull he decided they had the quality to hurt us so played more of a counter attacking style.

The impact on Hooper is that he has to play more as a target man when he is really a second striker so he suffers the most

I am sure Carlos understands this and is simply playing the cards he has got when what he would really like is a big striker who he knows is going to influence the game against the top sides

Guest Fedor

This thread is stuck on repeat.

For Carlos to play FF wide and let somebody else partner Hooper he needed to think two things were going to happen.

1 That the two strikers have to be capable of causing the opposition defence a lot of problems

2 That this change to team shape with FF playing as a wide midfielder was not going to make us weaker defensively

Against the top teams he didn't think Joao or Nuhiu would have an impact and he thought FF wide would leave us exposed

Against Cardiff he knew they were not very good , especially up front so played Joao.

Against Brighton and Hull he decided they had the quality to hurt us so played more of a counter attacking style.

The impact on Hooper is that he has to play more as a target man when he is really a second striker so he suffers the most

I am sure Carlos understands this and is simply playing the cards he has got when what he would really like is a big striker who he knows is going to influence the game against the top sides

HALLELUJAH

Just watched the full game back (was there on Sat), and it seems to me Hooper was actually one of our best passers of the ball in a VERY poor passing game by Wednesday.

Wallace, Bannan and Forestieri all saw more of their passes go wildly astray (or, worse, directly to the feet of Hull players) than Hooper, who made a couple of very incisive through balls down the flanks before drifting back into more of a striker position, evidently hoping to receive a ball back while in more of a danger area, but it just never came.

His touch was off, for sure. He shinned a couple away, and tried at least two backheels which came to nothing and resulted in an attacking breakdown, but the latter were more due to Hull's well-schooled pressing (which they did all over the pitch – we were made to look poor in possession, which is impressive from Hull because clearly we're anything but. Nobody had a second on the ball).

Hooper is often a key player for us at the moment where a hectic Wednesday counter attack is brought fully under our control – he comes deep, collects, and lays off to the player in the most space with the most time, without killing the momentum of the move. Then he tries to get into an attacking position, which more often than not requires a lengthy sprint upfield...and then gets frustrated and dejected far too easily when that short burst of effort isn't immediately rewarded.

For me, Carlos needs to work on Hooper's attitude, but not his game. He's doing the right things, he just isn't yet doing it for the badge: he's still all about his own goal tally. Maybe that'll change, maybe it won't. But I'd like to see us give him a full season, playing off a decent partner, where his role is more clearly understood by everyone...and I think he could well become a bit of a Wednesday legend. He doesn't yet feel like a Wednesday player to me, and I doubt he really feels it himself just yet.

He's had a really choppy-changey few years where he never really settled, and perhaps he's doomed to always be that player, but if he applies and dedicates himself fully (and admits to himself that we're his best hope of making a real career impact anywhere now), then I think next season could be huge for him.

Why do people question Hooper's attitude? Genuine question. It seems to me some have had it in for him since the box shenanigans.

I sometimes question the part of his attitude that makes his head go down too easily when his sporadic bursts of energy don't result in getting the ball back at his feet within scoring range (which for him is 15 yards max, 90% of the time, although granted we've seen him score or go close from slightly further out a couple of times this season). I don't question him for not being a mad dog chasing traffic for 90min, that's not his game and was never meant to be.