Watched the game in full last night.

Hoopers performance, workrate, attitude, body language, little strops were embarrasing.

He's a fair weather player who plays for himself. When the going gets tough and need players to standup, Hooper is useless.

No surprise he did well at Celtic, but failed at Norwich. He's a good finisher, awful player & attitude. Personally hope he's not here next year.

That's because we rarely play the game he needs to get the best out of him. We tend to send every attack down the wings with a high cross into the box. That's no good for Hooper, he requires ball to feet, he needs to run at defenders or be threaded in behind them

Guest everydays_wednesday

Agreed. So why?

Crap - getting fit

Very good - played with Joao or Nuhiu, 9 goals in 13

Crap - partnered Fessi.

It is so clear and so easy to fix that it is painful.

It amazes me CC doesn't seem to see it that way !

lol holmowl

Jesus Christ

We finished with the points we had because Carlos set up the way he did. He hasn't got anything badly wrong.

Fedor destroyed your argument the other day

Fedor said the following:-

CC only played Fessi left against weak sides - rubbish.

With Hooper/Fessi we only conceded 4, compared to 6 with Fessi left - so?

If these rediculous points destroy 24 goals apart v 4 together, or 22 points from a possible 27, then yes he destroyed my argument.

Guest Fedor

There you go in black and white. Hooper with a partner is a lethal striker at this level

It's not black and white. Can't be bothered to go down this route again but I destroyed this argument last week despite what Holmowl says.

Thing is holm you stats just confirm what is blindingly obvious to anyone who attends the games

I know.

But some wear blindfolds.

We have two of the most potent goalscorers in the division in Hooper and Fessi, but a few posters seem happy to render them goalless playing them side by side.

Our back four showed great composure in the first 10 to 15 minutes

but we could not continue this through the middle with any great momentum

to the front line.

Wembley is an enormous pitch ... we have three immensely skilful midfield

players in KL, BB and RW .... but really needed the legs of a Carlton Palmer

in one of those positions to eat up the Wembley turf IMO.

We are not  a million miles off being an automatic promotion candidate for

next season.

It's not black and white. Can't be bothered to go down this route again but I destroyed this argument last week despite what Holmowl says.

Educate us.

Pl 9 W7 D1 (Burnley) L1 (Preston). 22 pts from 27. Far and away our best run of the season.

What is wrong with Hooper and a frontman, with Fessi left?

Guest Fedor

Educate us.

Pl 9 W7 D1 (Burnley) L1 (Preston). 22 pts from 27. Far and away our best run of the season.

What is wrong with Hooper and a frontman, with Fessi left?

Nothing wrong with it at all , it's destroyed some out of form and mid table teams.

You would have played it at Brighton in the second leg . You'd have had our best attacking player tracking back all game against Bruno.

Edited by Fedor

Guest Fedor

If it means getting results in certain games, yes of course.

It's horses for courses. Sometimes your preferred line up is called for and other times it's Hooper/FF.

And apparently it's us who are blindfolded.

Guest Fedor

But you'd rather have our best central midfielder doing the same thing?

We've conceded 3 goals in the last 12 games playing that system/team against the top sides in the division.

Yet you'd have gone Gung Ho at Brighton

Edited by Fedor

Guest wilyfox

I don't understand why people lean towards one master system thinking it will work for all games. We'll see FF out wide, we'll see him through the middle. Carlos will move him wherever he believes the lad can do most damage against different opposition.

Regarding Hooper, we lost the battle in midfield. He was always likely to be a bit of a passenger as a result.

I personally sometimes think 5 across the middle with one up top is the way to go, Lee, Bannan, Hutchingson in the centre, FF left, Wallace right.   Clearly in this situation Dave is better choice than Hooper.

Agree with what Wilyfox said above, it's a team game and we need a squad willing to adapt.

Guest Fedor

I don't understand why people lean towards one master system thinking it will work for all games. We'll see FF out wide, we'll see him through the middle. Carlos will move him wherever he believes the lad can do most damage against different opposition.

Regarding Hooper, we lost the battle in midfield. He was always likely to be a bit of a passenger as a result.

Unfortunately some are not willing to see this, then call others blindfolded.

But wily, if Carlos sees Fessi damages teams playing with Hooper he is wrong.

Not one single goal in 14 is not damaging teams. And its not as if he is playing a sacrificial unselfish role to let Hoops score, cos he cant score in this system either!

Guest Fedor

Why is playing FF left gung Ho?

He probably had the best work rate of anyone in the team

We've conceded more goals in less games playing that system against the mid table/ out of form teams.

I just think people need to accept sometimes you come up against a better team on the day, regardless of what formation you play.

For most of the season Carlos has got it right. Most of the arguments in this thread will most likely be rendered meaningless by the summer transfer activity anyway.