But wily, if Carlos sees Fessi damages teams playing with Hooper he is wrong.

Not one single goal in 14 is not damaging teams. And its not as if he is playing a sacrificial unselfish role to let Hoops score, cos he cant score in this system either!

Have you ever thought that cc would like to play left mid but doesn't trust Joao or nuhiu to start?

Either way cc got the point to see us over the finishing line. But I agree that FF is better at left mid, might play there if we purchase a decent front man

Have you ever thought that cc would like to play left mid but doesn't trust Joao or nuhiu to start?

Either way cc got the point to see us over the finishing line. But I agree that FF is better at left mid, might play there if we purchase a decent front man

Rare, but I agree with you!

I know we've had the broad "Nuhiu lovers" and "Nuhiu haters" camps, but at the end of the day we're now aiming for top two next year... that means Nuhiu has to be at least fourth choice striker, and that's before including Forestieri. A new striker with the intention for him to either play the lone roll or to play alongside Hooper is the priority. 

Hooper scored away at Forest, twice at home to Leeds, has come within a whisker on many other occasions inc. a world class save just before half time at Brighton after great link up with FF

FF had a controversial goal ruled out at home to Brighton, smashed the underside of the bar at Hull, has had numerous chances in other games and set goals up. Just because he hasn't scored doesn't mean he can't. Look at goals this season. Most are proper striker goals

get the right player along side of him Hooper will excel , he isn't the run around player that some seem to want he is a poacher pure and simple,he does his business in or around the box and has scored some cracking goals this season ,moral to this is he needs the right service in the right place for him to do his job ,in one instance at Wembley he ran sixty yards to get in with a chance , he was in the right place at the right time but Fessi didn't release it , that chance if it had happened could have made the difference ,play to the players strengths then notice the difference .you either want a goalscorer or for some reason you don't , but in Hooper we have one If used correctly , his goal tally proves it

I just think people need to accept sometimes you come up against a better team on the day, regardless of what formation you play.

For most of the season Carlos has got it right. Most of the arguments in this thread will most likely be rendered meaningless by the summer transfer activity anyway.

I agree with this if you take away the first 7 or 8 games of the season where Carlos was very insistent on the formation he wanted, and even FF was brought in for a specific role which he has never actually played in that now failed formation.

After conceding and playing mainly a 4-4-2 albeit a fluid version of it, then I grant you he got it right.

Also, the transfers from now until the start of the season have potential to excite I believe, very much so excite.

Hooper scored away at Forest, twice at home to Leeds, has come within a whisker on many other occasions inc. a world class save just before half time at Brighton after great link up with FF

FF had a controversial goal ruled out at home to Brighton, smashed the underside of the bar at Hull, has had numerous chances in other games and set goals up. Just because he hasn't scored doesn't mean he can't. Look at goals this season. Most are proper striker goals

Hoops and Fessi have had the odd near miss together, but I wouldnt put it any stronger than that.

But they also had loads of near misses when played apart. The difference is they scored 24 goals apart.

His work rate isn't good enough in general really, though I guess most poacher strikers don't bother getting involved much in open play. When he scores he's great but when he doesn't he doesn't offer much else. I think he should be more of a bench impact player for us next season, doesn't consistently offer enough to be a regular if we want to challenge for top 2 next season.

Yes and I have suggested lack of trust in Nuhiu/ Joao as possible motivation for playing Fessi up front. The only other explanation is that he wanted to play his 5 best midfielders.

I have also said that because he does not trust them we need to buy a partner for Hooper that he does trust.

Because if Hooper/Fessi is our prefered strikeforce next year we move down the table, not up.

Yes and I have suggested lack of trust in Nuhiu/ Joao as possible motivation for playing Fessi up front. The only other explanation is that he wanted to play his 5 best midfielders.

I have also said that because he does not trust them we need to buy a partner for Hooper that he does trust.

Because if Hooper/Fessi is our prefered strikeforce next year we move down the table, not up.

4-5-1 with Ashley a Fletcher up front (1 year loan from mufc), lee, bannan & hutch centre mid, ff & Wallace outside, is the way forward.

His work rate isn't good enough in general really, though I guess most poacher strikers don't bother getting involved much in open play. When he scores he's great but when he doesn't he doesn't offer much else. I think he should be more of a bench impact player for us next season, doesn't consistently offer enough to be a regular if we want to challenge for top 2 next season.

Hooper will take the chances if enough are provided for him. Basically we need to create a side good enough to allow us to play with a striker that's constantly playing on the shoulder of the last defender, rather than worrying about his 'work rate' or how much 'tracking back' he does.

As others have stated, and I have stated, Carlos got it wrong. We needed Nuhiu or lucas up top from the start.

Plus I don't see many threads about Bannan shirking from every single tackle he needed to make and misplacing numerous passes during the game leading to undue pressure on the back four. But I wouldn't would I... him being our current golden boy.

The thing is though, we've needed this for the past 5 or more games also really, and Carlos stuck with Fessi and Hooper up front. Which is strange since our best periods have been with Nuhiu or Joao up front alongside Hooper.

Guest wilyfox

4-5-1 with Ashley a Fletcher up front (1 year loan from mufc), lee, bannan & hutch centre mid, ff & Wallace outside, is the way forward.

You what? lol

You're prepared to pin promotion hopes on a kid with a seasons experience in League One playing for Barnsley?

If that happens we definitely need to be reducing the ticket prices. Sounds like a Dave Allen signing.

We've conceded more goals in less games playing that system against the mid table/ out of form teams.

Are you just on a wind-up?

You find fault in the goal tally of Hooper and Fessi, and the 22 points from 27 when played together, but you think that goals conceded is a good measure of the effectiveness of a strikeforce!

Guest Fedor

Are you just on a wind-up?

You find fault in the goal tally of Hooper and Fessi, and the 22 points from 27 when played together, but you think that goals conceded is a good measure of the effectiveness of a strikeforce!

Nothing to do with effectiveness of a strike force , its effectiveness as a whole team. It was a response to why we are a tighter unit. So stop lieing and trying to implement what's not there.