Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

19 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

Overheard some bloke earlier who seriously thought that because of what happened overnight Iceland get a bye to the quarter finals over the Euro's.

I kid you not - scary!

Some would say that drawing England in the final stages of a major tournament is like getting a bye anyway. :biggrin:

Ipswich set to sign Callum Harriott from Charlton Athletic. He's a good signing I reckon and a player with a lot of potential. Hoping if we are signing a winger, we can do better, but he will do a good job for Ipswich at this level

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

R.e. Hoilett, You'd have to go back to his Blackburn days to find some consistent form. 

And even then he wasn't massively consistent, at a guess I'd say one good game in four?

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Grimbarian said:

And even then he wasn't massively consistent, at a guess I'd say one good game in four?

His last season at Blackburn was useful. Yes, they were relegated, but Hoilett and Yakubu combined well together that year. Rest of the team around them was poor.  

14 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Junior Hoilett? When was he last remotely decent?

Probably before he signed a 50k per week contract at qpr. Wingers for me are the hardest position to sign as there form seems to fluctuate rapidly. Who was the last english winger who produced season after season for years on end? I can only think of beckham. I know he was a world class player the likes of which doesnt come around every day but i cant think of a winger who has produced the goods consistently for more than a couple of seasons

There are definitely a lot worse signings we could make, depends on what he'd cost, was a very cheap signing for QPR at £4m because it was decided at a tribunal, I'd not be happy to spend anything near that, £2m maybe? Probably on high wages also...

Edit: Just googled 45k a week!!!! No way is he worth that.

Edited by Grimbarian

Guest wilyfox

To be honest, if we're in for anyone at QPR I'd hope it was Leroy Fer. Just the type of athletic midfield all rounder we could use. Suspect he'll want premier league though. 

16 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

And a total crock. No thanks 

Is he though?

15/16- 30 appearances missed 1 game through suspension.

14/15- 34 appearances inc 6 EPL goals in an awful QPR team.

13/14- 36 appearances missed 1 game through suspension.

12/13- 36 appearances in Dutch football and also for the Dutch U21s

I also thought he was a crock but those stats say otherwise...