Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Just now, dawkeye said:

You're not questioning The Great Guru again are you?

No, learned my lesson.  He seems pretty clued up on domestic targets but I think he's clueless on any foreign deals.  He made himself look a reyt mug on the day Lopez deal was confirmed.

42 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Forest fans seem to have been very impressed with Bojan Jokic who came in at left back in January from Villarreal to replace Pinillos who they rate highly too.Might be a different option to Pudil.Does seem to be a bit of a shortage of really decent left backs around at Champ level.

Forest mate of mine says Jokic was solid for them but Pinillos is a better attacker, not sure if he would be good enough for us pushing at the top end 

22 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Rumours heating up on the Portuguese side about Nelson Olviera. Would be shocked if he isn't our player in a couple of weeks.

Hope he is as he is exactly the type of player we need.

Sale only apparently, think he's been loaned out a few times, and concensus seems to be he needs a permanent move.

Some of the benfica fans reckon he's worth 3m-5m euros...

Guest wilyfox

Take the pee if ya like, but he does call most things right Wednesday-related. Lopez was a rare mistake on his part. Matt Brown named Hanley and Fletcher a few days before Nixon went to print. Either they are in collusion, or have the same source. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Yeah Nixon is really solid on domestic stuff, foreign wise he just hasn't really got the connections.

You say that, but he knew of our interest in making Petrescu head coach. Called Carlos' appointment spot on too. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You say that, but he knew of our interest in making Petrescu head coach. Called Carlos' appointment spot on too. 

Yeah, I guess he got that from sources in Sheffield, but maybe the most knowledgeable people on stuff like the Lopez deal were in Spain? Hard to know.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Yeah, I guess he got that from sources in Sheffield, but maybe the most knowledgeable people on stuff like the Lopez deal were in Spain? Hard to know.

If he has a source at Wednesday, he can tap into our moves foreign and domestic. Clearly he does have a line in.

Guest wilyfox

Why did my post duplicate, and why is this site harder to connect with since the upgrades? Dunno what Neil has done, but this new format is shybo. Slower than hell. 

Newcastle are set to announce a few big deals next week to get the ball rolling. Maybe we'll see some action too, around the same time or just after?

They're leading the race to sign the likes of Ross McCormack; Grant Hanley, Mehdi Abeid and Alvaro Arbeola, plus a loan deal for Reece Oxford, according to Newcastle sources.

If they get the likes of those or similar, then they should be a force at this level to say the least.

http://newcastletoons.com/2016/06/23/newcastle-transfers-club-is-closing-in-on-some-targets/

10 hours ago, Penguin said:

Brace yourselves for some spunked trousers.

One or two of the players I've announced fell at the final hurdle but my record speaks for itself, sniffing out news before anyone else.

Expect an announcement on Wellington Nem in the next 48hrs. Game changer

you`ve definitely been sniffing something