Poll: Man Of The Match vs Charlton

Man Of The Match vs Charlton  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man Of The Match vs Charlton?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Hutchinson
    • Lee
    • Wallace
    • Hooper
    • Forestieri
    • McGeady
    • Nuhiu
    • Lopez
    • Matias

FF tried hard all game but like Hooper, he looked much better when Nuhiu came on and gave everybody up front much more room to play by dragging Charltons all over the place and even putting pressure on from both wings.

Talking of wings, how come Wallace gets so much negative press? OK a lot of wht he does comes to nothing in many games, but he still puts excellent balls in which deserve a mention and put in two assists today and was involved in the build up to the second goal too.

I would have Hunt, FF, Lees, Pudil, Lopez and Wallace on 7, with Nuhiu on 8, the rest on 6.

I really love the way that Carlos reads the majority of the games and makes the changes required to change the game when required, but I have no idea why he perseveres with putting Hutchinson in midfield, especially against teams who are below us in the league. Before today's game four of us were chatting about Hutch and where he should play if fit and the general consensus was that we wanted to see him partnering Lees in a back four, because if Hutch played in midfield, he would get booked, go off injured and make us look like a defensive side. Come on CC, there are 8 games left and we all know what we get from Hutch. We get a superstar in the back four giving the midfield a huge helping hand by often breaking up play from a defensive midfield position and looking totally at home and in control. Or, in midfield we get a player who is outside his comfort zone that does not read the ebb and flow of the game so well and ends up overcommitting himself in tackles he cannot win, getting booked, getting injured and mainly playing as a third centre half. Enough already. Teams are feeling the pressure now and we need to stay totally focused, without taking risks that we have taken over and over again that have not produced the desired effects. The effect of playing Hutch is doubly damaging because it focuses our play in defence and it takes away an attacking option going forward. We need to beat teams in the play offs that we have not beaten and need special players to do that, Like Nuhiu, up front, playing Hutch in the back four gives our midfield and wing players the freedom to play to their attacking strengths.

Get well soon, Hutch and Hunt.

UTO!

I voted for Fernando because he provides a threat that isn't there when he's not playing

For all the Nuhiu haters, perhaps you'll take your blinkers off and stop complaining about what he doesn't do and concentrate on what he does do.

He's never going to be a David Hirst, but then who is?

What he offers is the ability to stop the ball going straight back at our back four

First half without Bannan, we were hitting too many long balls, and each time the ball came right back at us, in the second half Adthe gave us a focal point, in other words, he changed the game

I felt sorry for McGeady but the change had to be made

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Man of the match is the man that changed the match. Nuhiu.

Would have been Carlos but in his absence its an easy choice.

Have you ever seen such a transformation from trash to gold? Unwatchable to unstoppable. What the ferk does Carlos do and say at HT?

"will the players i should have chosen from the start get stripped please"...

Anyone not voting Nuhiu is just being obtuse

some wouldn't vote nuhiu if he was our only player on the field, he scored a hat trick an' saved a penalty...

i heard someone in the centre of the norf "boo" his name when the sides were announced, small minded, unknowledgable people...

Great post

Fessi was superb. Nuhiu changed the game. Nuhiu MOM.

nuhiu 'offered' something no one else in a blue n' white shirt could...

he led the line...

their defence was shattin' themselves with him on, after they'd easily coped in the first half...

they backed off him. they bounced off him, their only answer was to foul him...

one d*ck near me in the north was complain' "he's always goin' over too easily, he's always on the floor"...

i told him the best c/f i'd seen in the past 10 years was drogba, he was always on the floor in european matches...

and chelski had spent a fortune on torres n' costa and gone nowhere near findin' an adequate replacement, and that had cost mourinho dearly...

Edited by dnhc

A vote for the referee.

He didn't send one of ours off when maybe he should have. He didn't send one of our off for not diving. He didn't send one of ours off for an innocuous foul and he didn't disallow a goal for not being off side.

On the experience of recent weeks that is some performance.

Forestieri typified everything that was good about us today. Caused problems for Charlton all day. But he's much more than that. An example being covering after a breakdown at our corner, he tracked back and covered at left back. His awareness is top notch and got him his goal, being first to the rebound. He should be out left all the time. Thought Dave and Lopez made a massive difference at halftime. Another great call from Carlos to change the game and give us the impetus to attack and play it quicker. Lopez was great at driving forward and Dave was like Samson (in reverse) with his Shawn locks. Won loads of headers and held the ball well.

My only grumble was a slow tempo in first half and passing was a bit off. I don't think we can play Wallace and mcGeady together as both too lightweight when/at defending, so for me it's one or the other, with forestieri or Bannan out wide if hutch or Lopez play centre. Personally I'd play hutch at centre half instead of loovens, with Lopez in middle and Dave instead of mcGeady.

Another thing to note for me, which becomes clearer and clearer, is although we are often poorish in the first half, you can see we do it to see whether the opposition can be drawn out and where space/weakness is likely to be. Carlos then makes those changes at halftime and we often become a different animal in the second half. It does mean we don't put many 90min games together but it's great to know that the coach can read and interpret a game during the 90 mins.

2 massive contenders for me, Lopez and Nuhiu. Could only go for ones so I went for Lopez.

Best I've seen of him, could be a massive boost with Bannan missing

Forestieri typified everything that was good about us today. Caused problems for Charlton all day. But he's much more than that. An example being covering after a breakdown at our corner, he tracked back and covered at left back. His awareness is top notch and got him his goal, being first to the rebound. He should be out left all the time. Thought Dave and Lopez made a massive difference at halftime. Another great call from Carlos to change the game and give us the impetus to attack and play it quicker. Lopez was great at driving forward and Dave was like Samson (in reverse) with his Shawn locks. Won loads of headers and held the ball well.

My only grumble was a slow tempo in first half and passing was a bit off. I don't think we can play Wallace and mcGeady together as both too lightweight when/at defending, so for me it's one or the other, with forestieri or Bannan out wide if hutch or Lopez play centre. Personally I'd play hutch at centre half instead of loovens, with Lopez in middle and Dave instead of mcGeady.

Another thing to note for me, which becomes clearer and clearer, is although we are often poorish in the first half, you can see we do it to see whether the opposition can be drawn out and where space/weakness is likely to be. Carlos then makes those changes at halftime and we often become a different animal in the second half. It does mean we don't put many 90min games together but it's great to know that the coach can read and interpret a game during the 90 mins.

All good stuff, but drop Loovens? We have the best defence in the league at present, and Loovens/Lees are playing great together.