Nuhiu

22 league games without a goal....

i'm not sure if the management have told him, or if he's decided to...

but he seems not to get as involved in and around the penalty area six yard box as he once did...

he's just off 'the attack' for me, but it leaves room for hooper in behind him, an' hooper don't look like he's complainin' at havin' to score a hatful of goals workin' with big dave...

ps. whose cut his hair, the council???  lol

I'll make the same statement that I made last night - if anyone can point out where, in this thread (or any other about yesterday's game) that I've slagged off then I'll donate £100 to SCH.....those with obsessions about Nuhiu and wanting to decry anyone who doesn't think he's the second coming seem to have read something that hasn't been posted.....but what's new there

Secondly there seems to be a theme in this thread that Nuhiu starts every week.....he hasn't even started the last 2!

Who would you replace him with?

Kermogant would have been perfect on an 18 month deal. Shame he went to Reading.

Kiké from Boro. I know he's gone to Spain now.

Forest got Oliviera on loan. He would have been ideal.

Matt Smith from Fulham. Wouldn't cost a lot. Very good target man and also a goal threat.

Just a few off the top of my head. There's loads.

The contribution arguement is an interesting one......if the England cricket team were continually winning games by 5 runs and the number 3 batsman was getting between 6 and 9 every game plus being a decent fielder, would he continue to be picked on the grounds that "without his runs we'd have lost" or would you replace him with a player who could score significantly more runs......would you wait until the lack of runs cost the game or anticipate that one day it would and replace him before it did

but your new number 3 might run 'several' of our batsmen out whilst scoring his 'significant' more runs...

All this talk is really a bit daft.   He's just signed a new deal which would suggest he's rated, or has a value assigned to him for a future sale which made him worth the new contract.   I did hear from a good source that Brentford were in for him for over £1m but that seems to have been wrong.

I have long been a Nuhiu apologist, someone who appreciates what he brings to the table - who recently has said otherwise because he seemed to be going through a bad patch, where his frustration at the protection (or lack of it) from refs etc either turns him into a great asset on the pitch, or means he was wasting a shirt, but he seems to have played though that sticky patch.   Still no goals, but he is creating and taking the stress of Hooper to do his thing, who otherwise might be given more attention.

Edited by salmonbones

indeed he might, which is why I asked the question rather than answering it

i have to admit i was somewhat surprised at the new 3 year deal...

but then he's only in his mid 20's and not likely to lose any 'pace' over the coming season's...

i imagine he knows only too well he's not the best 'finisher' in the division, or even in the side...

and that hooper and ff are way better at that aspect of the game...

but he's a good target, he is good at 'link up play' from halfway to the edge of the box...

and has a good touch for a big dude...

as someone just posted about boycott saying "upset the opposition", and he upsets the opposition...

as 'corporal jones' say's "they don't like it up em"...   WTF:

Kermogant would have been perfect on an 18 month deal. Shame he went to Reading.

Matt Smith from Fulham. Wouldn't cost a lot. Very good target man and also a goal threat.

All good shouts but would they fit into our style of play?  We know Nuhiu does so if it aint broke why fix it?

It still hasn't dropped on many people yet that, since bringing in FF and Hooper, as well as Bannan, Nuhiu has been plaing a different role. He's no longer he foremost striker, he's playing more of a mid-field/link up role and acting much more as a provider and taking out defenders for the principal attackers to have more of a free hand. Without the two or more defenders that surround Nuhiu, there would be far less space for FF and Hoops to play their more attacking roles. And has no one noticed Nuhiu acting as a centre half in the area when the opposition is attacking. He headed out one corner yesterday from around the penalty spot, directly to one of our attackers almost on te halfway line. Forget the old thinking that the Centre forward is the man wearing the No.9 shirt. Hunt wears the No32 shirt., and Pudil the number 36. Yet these are our recognised FULL BACKS

And watch him carefully when the ball comes to his head. The chap near me, who doesn't even know the off-side rule, is very ante-Atde,still insists Nuhiu can't head the ball, when so many are 'flicks on' and still find our players.

The question you were asked was "Who would you replace him with?".

Off the top of your head you gave us:

1. Kermorgant, who you accept is unavailable because he has gone to Reading;

2, Kiké from Boro, who you accept is unavailable because he has gone to Spain;

3. Oliveira who is on a season long loan at Forest; and

4. Matt Smith who you describe as a 'goal threat'. He has scored 1 in 16 this season (0 in the last 15). To be fair to Matt Smith, he seems to provide a similar role to Nuhiu, i.e. he helps to create space for Ross McCormack. His contract, I understand, runs to 1917 with an option to extend by 1 yr. You say he wouldn't cost a lot. That can only be conjecture on your part.

I appreciate you said your list was "...off the top of my head". The list provided, however, falls someway short of substantiating your suggestion that '...there's loads'.

You either, don't go to games, or if you do attend, you sit with your back to the game for ninety minutes. The whole team performs so much better when Nuhiu plays.

Completely. I feel totally confident when I see him and Hooper on the sheet.

Forestieri scored all those goals playing deeper. He has scored two in 2016, again both when playing deeper.

I think the front six picks itself now, with MCGeady and joao as quality subs or replacements for injury.

In terms of ability and what he offers the team, he's by far the easiest to replace. Plenty of players out there we could pick up for cheap to do his job, and also offer goals. Probably a different story in terms of camaraderie and team spirit as he's clearly a big part of that.

At the end of the day, we're 5th in the league. We can win games and play well with Nuhiu, and we can win games and play well without him. I'm not complaining.

Who are you and what have you done with ISHSB?

indeed he might, which is why I asked the question rather than answering it

I replied to your question. You haven't responded to my reply.