Season Ticket window is finally closed

Think in the Championship we are unlikely to average anything above 25,000.

Football fans have changed in last 15-20 years. A lot of people I know who like football but not I wouldn't call big fans don't really have any interest beyond the Premier League (Think this is more prevalent with people under 30). And even then they are only interested in the big clubs. Even some of them who are from Sheffield are a lot more interested in Man U then either of the Sheffield clubs.

Think in the Championship we are unlikely to average anything above 25,000.

Football fans have changed in last 15-20 years. A lot of people I know who like football but not I wouldn't call big fans don't really have any interest beyond the Premier League (Think this is more prevalent with people under 30). And even then they are only interested in the big clubs. Even some of them who are from Sheffield are a lot more interested in Man U then either of the Sheffield clubs.

Derby managed it. Actually they smashed it.

We have lost two generations of support

Pure and simple

They aren't lost - the big games - Wycombe, Arsenal, even Boxing day fixtures show they are there.

They just aren't used to attending "normal" games.

Can't see many who couldn't meet the deadline last Monday, suddenly having the funds to get one this week. I would be surprised if we sold 100 in the extra week.

I thought it was to cope with the sheer volume of applicants. Apparently, last weekend the queues were massive and people were giving their names and telephone number to be called by the ticket office.

Derby managed it. Actually they smashed it.

They aren't lost - the big games - Wycombe, Arsenal, even Boxing day fixtures show they are there.

They just aren't used to attending "normal" games.

Immediately after those big games, attendances went down again

Turning out only when we're playing an Arsenal, could be people who just want to watch a premier league team

As for Wycombe, you'd expect a big gate with promotion at stake

Boxing Day's have traditionally been well attended

Dress it up however you like, it's just papering over the cracks

We've lost two decades of support

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I thought it was to cope with the sheer volume of applicants. Apparently, last weekend the queues were massive and people were giving their names and telephone number to be called by the ticket office.

I thought the extension was for people who didn't leave their details. They had already qualified for phase.one pricees

I have a three year season ticket and a box. Don't need excuses.

Owlstalk is losing its soul.

Not one person has called you a Fanny you big Fanny.

:biggrin:

It's just a shame so much of our support gave up on us, at least the chance of premiership football is enticing a few back, that's what 20 years of mis-management has done to this club.

Love you Hoots...!

Immediately after those big games, attendances went down again

Turning out only when we're playing an Arsenal, could be people who just want to watch a premier league team

As for Wycombe, you'd expect a big gate with promotion at stake

Boxing Day's have traditionally been well attended

Dress it up however you like, it's just papering over the cracks

We've lost two decades of support

Dress it up?

To get an Arsenal ticket you had to be on the database. I don't believe there are 8000 people who got themselves on the Wednesday database, just so if and when we had a cup draw against a Premier League team they could attend. It would be much easier just to go to an actual Premier League game at the Etihad.

Who attended on Boxing day for £36 plus and isn't a Wednesday fan?

Who are the extra 18,000 people that went to the League 1 promotion game if they aren't Wednesday fans?

I completely stand by the point. The support isn't lost. Wednesday fans didn't stop having Children. They are there, and they show it when they come to the big games.

Getting them to come to normal games, or attracting new supporters who will isn't going to happen overnight though (unless Premier League).

Can't see many who couldn't meet the deadline last Monday, suddenly having the funds to get one this week. I would be surprised if we sold 100 in the extra week.

I agree, If deadline had been put back to end of this month we'd be talking a good 1,000 extra, maybe be more if we have a good month on pitch.

If we had sold anywhere near 18,000 I'm sure we would have had an announcement from club saying so.

At some point during sales (think it was around half way stage) they did say they had over 500 new or returning season ticket holders.

Just a guess but I'd say we've sold slightly more than what we've got this season with new and returning season ticket holders slightly outnumbering those that haven't renewed for various reasons.

I'm sure we'll sell a fair few more if we have a good end to season and they don't increase prices too much for 2nd phase of sales.

If we had sold anywhere near 18,000 I'm sure we would have had an announcement from club saying so.

At some point during sales (think it was around half way stage) they did say they had over 500 new or returning season ticket holders.

Just a guess but I'd say we've sold slightly more than what we've got this season with new and returning season ticket holders slightly outnumbering those that haven't renewed for various reasons.

I'm sure we'll sell a fair few more if we have a good end to season and they don't increase prices too much for 2nd phase of sales.

pretty sure they never announce the figure until the deadline as finished