Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

Probably just a warning shot to Norwich threatening to go elsewhere if they ask silly money for Hooper.

my thought too.

Sky sources are usually pretty reliable arent they though?

As much as I would baulk a bit at getting rhodes it would be kind nice too to stick two fingers up at the rest of the league gary megson

We've been linked with some of the best performers in the league since the summer and seemingly not come close to signing one. I wonder if we are genuinley interested in some of these players and if we are, are we actually making an offer that comes close to their value. Or at least the over inflated value that is placed in championship players now. Doesn't bother me either way, nice to be linked with the caliber of player even if we won't sign em.

Guest wilyfox

Derby County enter race for Jordan Rhodes with £17m offer. Now favourites to win his signature #dcfc #swfc #brfc #PeskyMidlanders

It's a little late in the transfer window for the obligatory Rhodes thread but better late than never, as they say.

Its alot better than the old style of obligatory transfer window posts involving Billy Sharp or ALF to be fair

£12M is getting a joke now. However, Blackburn don't need to sell as they are out of embargo but I can't help but feel he's stagnating doing nothing in his career at Blackburn. 

I can't see us spending that sort of money when a deal for Hooper at a quarter of that price is on the table, and like has been mentioned Hooper has scored just 3 less than Rhodes in much less appearances. 

Having said that I reckon Rhodes would be able to score 10-15 in the remaining 20 games with our attack supplying him.