Hooper - the talks are over. Welcome back to SWFC

Sounds like there is scope for us to do some sort of deal then.

Fingers crossed.

understand why but wish CC would stop saying Hooper has always been his target must be souring the pitch for aldridge or whoever is trying to get a cheaper deal done

understand why but wish CC would stop saying Hooper has always been his target must be souring the pitch for aldridge or whoever is trying to get a cheaper deal done

Maybe but I think Hooper is the complete forward. He has strength, pace, touch and superb movement and his finishing is coming back as he gets his eye in. I don't think we'll get better without spending silly money and getting him now would hopefully stop the endless speculation about players like Rhodes etc. If we can get Hooper for 3.5 million or whatever was suggested by Norwich and tie him to a 4 year deal for his peak years we'd be foolish not to. 

Maybe but I think Hooper is the complete forward. He has strength, pace, touch and superb movement and his finishing is coming back as he gets his eye in. I don't think we'll get better without spending silly money and getting him now would hopefully stop the endless speculation about players like Rhodes etc. If we can get Hooper for 3.5 million or whatever was suggested by Norwich and tie him to a 4 year deal for his peak years we'd be foolish not to.

I like Hooper, but lets not get carried away. Never been the "Complete Striker".

"The most... to play for us since Hirst".

That doesnt make him a Complete Striker - just makes all the Stikerd in between Hirst and now shìt. Which may well be true, but doesnt make Hooper the "Complete Striker".

Drogba was the Complete Striker. Torres at Liverpool pre-injury was the Complete Striker.

Hooper is a great finisher with good touch and movement, but he hasnt got great pace and while fairly strong, can't play on his own upfront and be effective.

Great player and I hope we sign him, but lets not get carried away...

Another thing to perhaps think about is our promotion push. How many strikers smash in goals for fun in the Championship but struggle in the Prem? A loan deal till the end of the season suits everyone, if we go up then we might be looking at bigger and better players and Hooper would be an expensive pine polisher (as he has been at Norwich). If we don't go up (which as much as it pains me to say, is more likely) then we can try and thrash out a deal in the summer. 

We may also have other plans for the summer (Rhodes, McCormack, Judge, *Insert expensive striker here*) and Hooper is just a temporary solution. 

So far (with the exception of Lachman) our transfer dealings have been spot on, so whatever the club decide to do, I'll be supportive of. 

Guest wilyfox

No deal in place to extend the deal yet according to AN.

To be fair, Alex Neil denied all knowledge of us being in for him in the first place. I wouldn't expect that to change now.

Another thing to perhaps think about is our promotion push. How many strikers smash in goals for fun in the Championship but struggle in the Prem? A loan deal till the end of the season suits everyone, if we go up then we might be looking at bigger and better players and Hooper would be an expensive pine polisher (as he has been at Norwich). If we don't go up (which as much as it pains me to say, is more likely) then we can try and thrash out a deal in the summer.

We may also have other plans for the summer (Rhodes, McCormack, Judge, *Insert expensive striker here*) and Hooper is just a temporary solution.

So far (with the exception of Lachman) our transfer dealings have been spot on, so whatever the club decide to do, I'll be supportive of.

We'd need squad players in the Premiership too or we could just sell him back to the Chanpionship as there wouldn't be a shortage of takers, hence our interest now.

First things first though...

"The most... to play for us since Hirst".

That doesnt make him a Complete Striker - just makes all the Stikerd in between Hirst and now shìt. Which may well be true, but doesnt make Hooper the "Complete Striker".

Drogba was the Complete Striker. Torres at Liverpool pre-injury was the Complete Striker.

Hooper is a great finisher with good touch and movement, but he hasnt got great pace and while fairly strong, can't play on his own upfront and be effective.

Great player and I hope we sign him, but lets not get carried away...

Fair points, OK. Complete Striker may be a step too far but how about most well rounded striker we've had on our books in a long time?