Young lad in net.

Don't slag him off when he makes a mistake and maybe cost us a point or 3, give him plenty of encouragement.

To be fair I seem to remember this happening with Westwood last season at home I Watford. He fumbled their second and we sung his name after. Then went on to have an amazing season

There comes a time in every injury-prone player's career where the injuries start to take their toll and the player loses a step physically and mentally. From what I've seen of Westwood this season, some of the rash decisions and flapping seem to suggest this might be the case.

Wildsmith has a presence and levelheadedness that belies his tender years, and I have no doubt we'll call upon him a lot for the rest of the season. We should also, however, be patient with him - he's bound to make a mistake at some point.

There comes a time in every injury-prone player's career where the injuries start to take their toll and the player loses a step physically and mentally. From what I've seen of Westwood this season, some of the rash decisions and flapping seem to suggest this might be the case.

Wildsmith has a presence and levelheadedness that belies his tender years, and I have no doubt we'll call upon him a lot for the rest of the season. We should also, however, be patient with him - he's bound to make a mistake at some point.

This!

Genuinely starting to think we have the new David Seaman/Gordon Banks/Peter Shilton on our hands.

Edited by Utah Owl

I'm now convinced he'll be an England international.

Not necessarily England's first choice, but I think he'll at least get one first-team international cap at some point in his career providing he doesn't get some horrible injury that keeps him out for a long time and stunt his development. With Westwood, to be followed by Wildsmith, we've got a guaranteed class goalkeeper in the net for years to come

We should look to get a decent replacement in soon, I think that if wildsmith continues the form then Westwood wouldn't want to sit on the bench..

We have three keepers all of a good or at least competent standard in Price's case...don't think a new keeper will be high up on CC's shopping list

Posted it in another thread so will shamelessly copy and paste it over

Joe's clean sheet record:

-Bolton (A)

-Birmingham City (H)

-Fulham (A)

-Newcastle (A)

-Arsenal (H)

Games played: 10

Goals conceded: 7

Clean sheets: 5

But I may well have that wrong and you're right with the 6 clean sheets!

Regardless, it's an incredible record for someone who's only a week into their 20s

I can see him been our number 1 in a couple of seasons and an England international one day but I wouldn't drop Westwood just yet. When Stoke scored their 1st goal against him other week young joes confidence crumbled, his kicking, throwing, command of area everything went. We can't afford that to happen in the league.

I can see him been our number 1 in a couple of seasons and an England international one day but I wouldn't drop Westwood just yet. When Stoke scored their 1st goal against him other week young joes confidence crumbled, his kicking, throwing, command of area everything went. We can't afford that to happen in the league.

Everyone's confidence did that against Stoke to be fair to him, especially with Lees going off injured but I agree, he hasn't not enough experience yet to be our full time #1 but he may gain that with Westwood being out quite often

Remember all the people on here saying we need to get him out on loan thank god we did t send him away. It's obvious this lad is quality and he has played 10 games now, without looking out of place. Carlos obviously knew Westwood had fitness issues with his constant injections. I wish we would just bite the bullet and sort westwood's problem out now, if surgery is going to sort it. Wildsmith is more than good enough to step up and I think we all have faith in him.

Don't slag him off when he makes a mistake and maybe cost us a point or 3,  give him plenty of encouragement.

Maybe even try this for all our players!

Anyway with Wildsmith I think he deserves a lot of credit. His concentration and temperament have been impressive and I was especially impressed with how he maintained his focus against Arsenal to make that Mertesacker save after not having a great deal to do. I think that's a really good sign.