Striking Position

A few have stated we need a 20+ a season striker, i would have previously agreed as the previous recently promoted sides have had quality 20+ strikers within their teams. This season however this is not the case. take Fulham for example they have the 2nd and 5th leading goal scorers in Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele but lie in 13th position. Reading and Blackburn have the 3rd leading scorers.

But most suprising is Brighton & HA have 1 player that sits in the top 25 Tommer Hemed on 5 goals, same as quite a few other players including our fab FF and magic LJ. So with LJ coming good do we still need another striker?

I'd be astonished if Joao doesn't get at least 15-20 this season (injury permitting)

Yes the way he's playing it looks this way. Burnley all ways seem to have a top goal scorer they got promoted  ings and vokes and now have top scorer Andre Gray. But B&HA are top of the league with a top scorer of just 5 is refreshing to see

I think we look more than OK in that department currently. Get Hooper fully fit, continue Joao's impressive form, Fessi bagging goals and assists.

In an ideal world we could upgrade Nuhiu for a better version but generally we look quite good in that department.

I was thinking about this the other day when watching Jordan Rhodes contribute naff all to the overall Blackburn effort. How many times has he contributed 20+ goals without his team getting near promotion?

Same for McCormack.

Seems like a lot of out and out goalscorers exist as such at the overall detriment of attacking teams.

The key would be to have a big goalsscorer and a team with goals in it.

Goals from all over the team and strength in depth are just as important or more so than goals from upfront. Joao and FF look the real deal, our first choice midfield and defence are strong and we've got two very good keepers.

Hopefully Hooper will get in the goals soon. Or I would consider loaning someone else or upgrading in January. I'd also let Nuhiu go and replace him with someone like Bradshaw from Walsall. And I'd look at upgrading upon some of our back up players such as the likes of Wiggins; Helan, Semedo, etc

A few have stated we need a 20+ a season striker, i would have previously agreed as the previous recently promoted sides have had quality 20+ strikers within their teams. This season however this is not the case. take Fulham for example they have the 2nd and 5th leading goal scorers in Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele but lie in 13th position. Reading and Blackburn have the 3rd leading scorers.

But most suprising is Brighton & HA have 1 player that sits in the top 25 Tommer Hemed on 5 goals, same as quite a few other players including our fab FF and magic LJ. So with LJ coming good do we still need another striker?

If the other teams don't have a 20+ striker all the more reason for us to find one.

Agree, look at Jordan Rhodes, consistently scores goals at this level, but his sides never get a look in.

A good striker (or even strikers) do not make a team on their own.  We had Hirst and Atkinson up front back in 89-90 but still went down. 

Goals from all over the team and strength in depth are just as important or more so than goals from upfront. Joao and FF look the real deal, our first choice midfield and defence are strong and we've got two very good keepers.

Hopefully Hooper will get in the goals soon. Or I would consider loaning someone else or upgrading in January. I'd also let Nuhiu go and replace him with someone like Bradshaw from Walsall. And I'd look at upgrading upon some of our back up players such as the likes of Wiggins; Helan, Semedo, etc

Agree with most of that but Wiggins looked pretty good v QPR.

We tend to ignore the fact that, whoever and whatever the strikers may be, you can score 2 goals per game, giving you 92 goals for at the end of the season, which is a fair total over the season, this is no good at all if, for every 2 goals you score, you , as on Sat., let in 2 goals per game, the result is a goal-difference of Zero. At present, we seem to be scoring the 2 a game, but are also letting in the 2 a game. The whole point of football is not how many you score, but that your opponents score LESS every game. At present, we are not winning enough matches. Don't forget that a 1-0 result counts for just as much as a 6-0 result, and more than a 2-2 result.