Let's assume Hutchinsons knees go again.

You have come in for some stick ddsay. Poor phrasing of a sensible question.

"What cover do we have if Hutch gets injured or WHEN he next gets a ban" is not a daft question.

I agree with one poster that Lee could play a deeper role. However, I also think that against some teams we don't need the CDM role. There will be times this year when we really need to go for the jugular, at home against lesser teams. It may be that we can afford Fessi, Joao and Hooper (or Rhodes when we buy him!!) to start., in which case for me Hutch is the player starting on the bench. Imagine going two up against an MK Dons or Rotherham and having Hutch come on to shore us up even further.

So, I don't think it is a position in which we have a problem. Instead, play Hutch for all tough matches, rest him for others when we can set up more attackingly (is this a word?) and if he is unavailable we have Lee followed by Semedo as back up.

The guy as been an absolute stalwart this season, but the Championship is a long, hard and gruelling campaign. Not taking into account cup runs.

Given the lads physical history, I won't be surprised to see him out for a long spell this season.

If we don't have a ready made backup, I honestly that could be the difference between us challenging for the top 6 and mid table mediocrity.

Semedo, as much as I love the guy wouldn't be good enough, and the jury is still out on Lopez.

Who could we potentially bring in in January either on loan or permanently to fill a potential void?

Has Helan's dry gangrene taken hold yet?   

This Melo obsession is amazing. Was like Lavery been our saviour last season and season before.

Lopez will become a big player come second half of season, and matais. They just needed time to get used to England.

Lopez could be a big player for us, but he's not a tackling type DMF. I'm not sure where he's going to fit in with Bannan and Lee around, but will make very good cover.

I do agree we need better cover for Hutchison now, it's too risky relying on him all year and no way he's going to be able to play every game over christmas. Whether it's a loan or perm, we need more quality in that position.

We clearly had not contacted them as he'd have come here in a flash over Leeds if there was interest. Strange, maybe we have someone else in mind.

I actually believe that they will look at Lopez/Lee filling in that position. They might not have the same strength's but I believe they can more than do a job there and Melo once fully fit....again will then have a chance to prove himself. 

I don't know whose been helping Sam Hutchinson but they've done a fantastic job.

Been involved in athletics for a long time and some very good athletes indeed were always 'injured'

For many of them it was as psychological as physical. Not saying that this is definitely the case in this instance but something very dramatic has happened for him to be coping as well as he is with the rigours of competitive football given his past record.

Don't see anybody coming in in January I would imagine Mr chansiri is dissapointed the fanbase have not supported him as much as he would have liked

Even if 1 man and his dog turned up Mr C's objective will remain the same .  It has to because he has to make us a success or he will lose a lot of money, Manderic said we were losing 5m a year 

Imagine what it is now !

Dunno. There are a few what ifs to be answered. There are a number of players we need to squeeze a lot more out of; such as Hooper, Matias, Sougou, and McGugan. Lopez is another, and maybe him and Lee could work in Sam's absence. That's something we also need to find out in the coming weeks.

If we need to squeeze more out of them maybe it's a job for Westwood and his juicer?