Mark of respect

Think this is about a tragic loss. Not time for political arguements chaps

Nothing political about it 

I dont know the girl anymore than i know the lass who was stabbed by the on license geezer, from my own point of view i feel uncomfortable with public shows of sympathy about people the vast majority of people at the match know nothing of and then cheering and screaming like mad at a football match we just won ( hopefully )

That having been said i fully understand that others have differing points of view and of course will conduct myself with full respect for those views

Disappointing but unsurprising response. Most people seemed in favour of this, that was all

Why ?

Is it impossible for you to grasp that people have different opinions to you and not only that but publicly state that they ( me ) will obviously respect your opinion ?

No one is stopping you and whoever wants to do this thing that's been suggested go for it if that's what you wish to do 

Why ?

Is it impossible for you to grasp that people have different opinions to you and not only that but publicly state that they ( me ) will obviously respect your opinion ?

No one is stopping you and whoever wants to do this thing that's been suggested go for it if that's what you wish to do

I would have respected your opinion had you not resorted to name calling. Anyway, best leave it as this about something slightly more important than name calling.

Lawrie madden - agree that you can't keep clapping every death at a football match. But this is a show of support for the family who's had a loved one taken away from them in the most horrific way. If you don't want to clap don't, but show some respect and keep off this thread

I was thinking the same.

I don't think LM is meaning to cause any offence atall though

Im sure he isnt, but this is not about LM or anybody else on here. Its a simple request from the friends of a young girl who lost her life in tragic circumstances for us as wednesdayites to help them remember her. I dont think thats too much to ask. And if someone doesnt want to get involved, why even bother to get involved in the thread?

If you don't want to clap then fair enough.

No idea why you have to make such a song and dance about it.

This!!!

Fair enough if Mick doesn't want to clap but I'm still trying to get my head around why he has to open this thread and make a big issue over it.

Well if it gives the family a tiny piece of comfort just for one minute tomorrow knowing that thousands are thinking of their loved one

Then I'm in and can't understand anyone having an issue with it.

It saddens me the direction this thread has taken.

Someone has a difference of oppinion, yet respects others' oppinions, but is drawn into a debate over that oppinion.

This was not the direction the thread was meant to take.

Whether you agree with the reason for the applause or not, this is a tragic circumstance and I hope people get involved and the family find the justice they deserve.