Mark of respect

I happened to be working at Sheffield University when it was in the news that this poor girl’s body was found, the students were milling around but there was something in the air.

To think a young girls life has been taken in such a way beggar’s Belief.

RIP Carrie

A few years ago when my daughter was at uni in Middlesbrough she went to a club with her mates. They left her to walk home on her own. Nothing happened to her thank God. I gave her mates the boll ocking of a life time. Never happened again

when cases are totally clear even by admitance or proved by DNA .then im all for bringing back the death penalty in this country

I completely disagree. If we did this we would be no better than the person that took an innocent person's life.

Nobody should have the right to anybody's life regardless of who the person is and what they've done.

It's also an easy way out for the offender. The punishment for such a crime should be a long and torturous one, not a quick and painless one.

This would be good stickyed until after the game

such tragic news reading about it. there was a post on facebook about a clap for her and it had a link to her facebook. so sad seeing the posts asking her to get in touch to make sure she was safe :(

cannot believe what some people are capable of

RIP. Thoughts go to friends and family

when cases are totally clear even by admitance or proved by DNA .then im all for bringing back the death penalty in this country

How are you ever going to be sure that Corrupt Cops haven't fabricated or bent evidence as in The Stefan Klitscho, Birmingham Six and The Guildford Four cases ?

The death penalty is barbarism full stop

As for the mark of respect whilst feeling desperately sorry for her family and friends and outraged at the crime speaking personally i feel uncomfortable with these sort of things at Football Matches so will probably keep a hopefully unobtrusive silence as i wouldn't want to intrude on anyone elses feelings on the matter 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Lets not turn this into a debate about the rights and wrongs of this country's legal system. This thread is simply to raise awareness of something that is going to take place on Sunday for people to participate in if they would like. Lets just leave it at that.

As I said earlier a regime of 3 square a day job if they want one allowed a radio to keep up with what's happening outside and a life sentence should be about right No tv or special privilidges

How are you ever going to be sure that Corrupt Cops haven't fabricated or bent evidence as in The Stefan Klitscho, Birmingham Six and The Guildford Four cases ?

The death penalty is barbarism full stop

As for the mark of respect whilst feeling desperately sorry for her family and friends and outraged at the crime speaking personally i feel uncomfortable with these sort of things at Football Matches so will probably keep a hopefully unobtrusive silence as i wouldn't want to intrude on anyone elses feelings on the matter

Well that's you in the minorit