Carlos says

I'm a long standing fan of this club and more excited this year than I have been for the past 20 years...the football is good and it's going to be amazing.

The scale, size and enormity of task they all faced (including Mandaric) was beyond belief...at 90% of the firms we all work for, if they were losing so much money and had a workforce punching above its weight but no better than a League 1 equivalent the Directors would have closed it long ago.

This is a good side with a squad deep with ability and options...the staff at SWFC are doing a great job at a great club.

If you can't see this, you don't know football.

I'm a long standing fan of this club and more excited this year than I have been for the past 20 years...the football is good and it's going to be amazing.

The scale, size and enormity of task they all faced (including Mandaric) was beyond belief...at 90% of the firms we all work for, if they were losing so much money and had a workforce punching above its weight but no better than a League 1 equivalent the Directors would have closed it long ago.

This is a good side with a squad deep with ability and options...the staff at SWFC are doing a great job at a great club.

I hate that cliché.  I really do. 

Guest Distraught!

100% of firms out in the real world would not appoint a production manager that had a career history of 13 jobs in 14 years and notable achievements equal to the square root of zilch (unless the directors themselves were completely incompetent and then the company would probably go bust anyway).

Edited by Distraught!

This ^

Not happy at all...65mins of last night was dreadful.

Sometimes you just have to accept you have to do it the hard way and graft! We had a mentality under Gray that got us results when our back were against the wall. We don't have that at the moment.

I personally hope the man is on borrowed time because I can't see what he's trying to achieve at the moment. We've not got a settled side and he seems quite happy to let one of our best midfielders have very little involvement!!

Didn't go last night but listened to RS - I don't understand this as the presenters seemed to think we played very well for the majority of the game and missed out on a decent haul of goals by small margins?

Guest Darkus Owlus

100% of firms out in the real world would not appoint a production manager that had a career history of 13 jobs in 14 years and notable achievements equal to the square root of zilch (unless the directors themselves were completely incompetent and then the company would probably go bust anyway).

This

Probably his Achilles heel, not using a squad of diverse players to change games.

He's got enough individual quality, creativity, pace, defensive options to be getting points and he's not doing it.

Two of the fairest posts ive read on here for ages!!

If the reports about mcgugan are anything to go by then it's clear he is more obsessed about his own ego/image then match results. Players like mcgugan win you matches and points...unfortunately they can't when they are sat in the stands.

We got found out last night after 20 mins and 3 or 4 dangerous attacks...he didn't have to ability to change it to maintain that.

I'm convinced that if Stuart Gray had the same squad we would be 6 points better off right now!!

Guest Darkus Owlus

Two of the fairest posts ive read on here for ages!!

If the reports about mcgugan are anything to go by then it's clear he is more obsessed about his own ego/image then match results. Players like mcgugan win you matches and points...unfortunately they can't when they are sat in the stands.

We got found out last night after 20 mins and 3 or 4 dangerous attacks...he didn't have to ability to change it to maintain that.

I'm convinced that if Stuart Gray had the same squad we would be 6 points better off right now!!

I'd agree regarding SG.

If mcgugan was even on the bench at Burnley and we unleashed him in that second,half at 1-1 we'd have got something, I'm convinced.

It was a Mcgugan style game, all the play in their half, tapping the ball around, good exchanges of attacking focused play, we'd have won IMO.

Same for last night, he's a player that gets you your 1-0s and your 2-1s.

Carlos has no idea what he's doing and I'm sorry to say I can see a point against Fulham this weekend,

Edited by Darkus Owlus

The attractive football over results mentality was surely invented by an armchair fan (of no team in particular).

And bar the odd moment (Matias's goal) its not what I would call particularly attractive anyway.

I certainly wasn't expecting promotion this season. But wasn't expecting us to have 1 win in 7 and sit 18th right now. If we lose to Fulham on Saturday then dc might pull the trigger.

Agree with Tinks basically.

It really baffles me how people blame Carlos for where we are.

DC decides to go with a committee , random recruitment ensues Carlos to blame

Carlos says find me a decent left back. 6 games into season it looks like we might have one. Carlos to blame.

Ditto somebody for number 10 role. Carlos to blame

Westwood injured Loovens injured changes at back.Carlos to blame.

Goalscorer needed . Still not arrived Carlos to blame.

It really baffles me how people blame Carlos for where we are.

DC decides to go with a committee , random recruitment ensues Carlos to blame

Carlos says find me a decent left back. 6 games into season it looks like we might have one. Carlos to blame.

Ditto somebody for number 10 role. Carlos to blame

Westwood injured Loovens injured changes at back.Carlos to blame.

Goalscorer needed . Still not arrived Carlos to blame.

Exactly, I can't see where cc has got his tactics wrong in any game. The only thing people go on about is mcgugan, we don't know what is going on and I would rather we don't find out.

CC deserves some sympathy because the comments of the chairman and in particular the price increase have significantly raised the fans expectations

but...

A bad appointment is a bad appointement, and just giving it more time will not make it a good appointment. In years to come this period will look like some strange misstep with the general thought being "what was that all about?"

I will try again...

To be fair I've not seen anyone blaming CC for the appointment of the committee, the random recruitment, the injuries to players, or the failure to sign a striker.

They are blaming him for not having a settled back 4 when the main reasons are as i listed

They are blaming him for lack of goals when we all know he needed a new striker

They are blaming him for the isolated lone strike. Guess what, he gets his "number 10" and it is looking a lot better

Well said and may i add that buying a player at the level we are at doesnt automatically mean they will play in the first team, we can now afford to buy cover. He needs the time to find the best 12 or 13 who can play together

I don't think last night was as bad as some people are suggesting. We started brightly, and had a few decent chances away from home. The game kinda went a bit stagnent in the middle and both teams had small spells of pressure towards the end, I think a lot of it was down to boltons negative tactics at home. They're not in a great place at the minute and I don't think they can afford to loose in front of their home fans, so they didn't. I can't comment on burnley, as didn't go, but seem to think we did ok, and 3-1 flattered them.

You have to think we've been beaten by 3 teams that will be up the top come the end of the season. And had 3 draws against established championship teams (two away from home). The fact we have an evolving team, that are trying to play football, makes me not worry at all. I think we will bet Fulham Saturday, we just need to get behind the team, and not boo them, like some faithful supporters did at the final whistle last night.