Carlos says

Get the feeling people WANT him to fail.

are the people wanting him to fail, folks from the other 13, so they can say "i see that cnut hasn't altered his ways, thank god we got shut"...

no seriously, anyone who was happy at this 'appointment' when announced, isn't a full 'shilling'...

i imagine even 'the emperor of the clappers' was 'stunned' by it...

he had an 'appalling record', and hadn't worked for 3 years???

i bet when the phone rang, his missus said "carlos there's somebody on the phone offering you a coaching job"...

he replied "tell 'em they've got the wrong number"...

amazing is not the 'word'...

so i doubt that 'people at s6 WANT him to fail, they just WANT him to hurry up gettin' where he's goin', or show signs of adapting, and improving...

hopefully roeder can have some input in his 'education' into english championship football...

I hope it all comes good for him, I really do. 

Quite clear that he wants his team to play in a pleasing on the eye style and it is good to see someone try something different from the usual 4-4-2. 

Suppose the question is whether Carlos is cut out for being a head coach/manager. 

He might have some good ideas about how he wants the game to be played, but his managerial career thus far would suggest that he's struggled to get those ideas over. 

My personal opinion is that CC was offered the job partly because of his contacts in the game (he has quite a good business relationship with Jorge Mendes) and this in turn would allow the club access to players that we wouldn't have had otherwise. 

His contacts in the game may also explain why CC has had some pretty high profile jobs, with the likes of Sporting Lisbon, Besiktas and even Braga. 

There's a couple of quite interesting articles about CC and his relationship with Mendes. 

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/whats-eating-mr-carvalhal.aspx?pageID=238&nID=15960&NewsCatID=444

http://iberosphere.com/2011/09/la-liga-dances-to-the-beat-of-spain-footballsuper-agent-mendes/3556

http://sport360.com/article/football/16045/meet-power-broker-behind-uae-footballs-biggest-transfers

are the people wanting him to fail, folks from the other 13, so they can say "i see that cnut hasn't altered his ways, thank god we got shut"...

no seriously, anyone who was happy at this 'appointment' when announced, isn't a full 'shilling'...

i bet when the phone rang, his missus said "carlos there's somebody on the phone offering you a coaching job"...

so i doubt that 'people at s6 WANT him to fail, they just WANT him to hurry up gettin' where he's goin', or show signs of adapting, and improving...

hopefully roeder can have some input in his 'education' into english championship football...

The guy was on the verge of signing up as head coach at a premeira league club

You really do talk some bowlax

Just love the designations thrown around. 'Clapper', 'Apologist' etc etc. Never a shade of Grey, always either Black or White, nothing in between.

My boss at work ought to post on here. Everyone's either a complete W*****er or the best thing since sliced bread, nothing ever in between.

I have to say, apart form the real hardcore of posters who had already made up their minds before a ball was kicked and desperately need him to fail to justify their points of view,  i have been quite impressed with the rational debate on here regarding CC.

The vast majority are not mindless 'Clappers' willing to put up with anything, they seem to me to be fair minded, usually long standing, well informed posters more than aware of the enormity of the job in turning this old hulk of a club around.

The vast majority seem honest enough to admit they don't know how it will pan out but are willing to keep their options open as to whether CC will crack it or not but are realistic regarding the time frame he needs to be given.

This is not being a 'clapper' (as if there is any such animal). It is about being fair minded, adult, and giving what seems to be a decent bloke a fair crack of the whip.