Liam palmer

Watched the highlights, can't see too much fault for the 2nd

He has to cover the guy in the middle of the goal, he gets back across but only fast enough to deflect it past the keeper.

Third goal he has a shocker, not just the blocked clearance but then loses his head in desperation to get back and is turned far, far too easily.

wasn't at fault for the 2nd at all IMO, had two players to cover, had an impossible decision to make...

the 3rd was an awful pass, that he might have been able to leather away on his left, but looking at his line of sight, he clearly thought he could have taken the touch and switched to his right, the guy sneaked up on him and it wasn't to be....

nothing clear cut about either goals and people should get off his back, he's got the potential to be fine player, and he's already been quality for us....

Really don't get why the fact he's a Wednesday fan matters one bit ? How does that figure in whether or not he's upto the task ? Never been a fan , don't think he's shocking just think he's league one, low end championship at best. Do t quite see why he's getting hung out to dry though contrary to what people think on here we are miles off being the real deal and that certainly isn't solely down to Palmer

Really don't get why the fact he's a Wednesday fan matters one bit ? How does that figure in whether or not he's upto the task ? Never been a fan , don't think he's shocking just think he's league one, low end championship at best. Do t quite see why he's getting hung out to dry though contrary to what people think on here we are miles off being the real deal and that certainly isn't solely down to Palmer

Many aspects of football are illogical.

Things shouldn't matter but they do

Palmer was awful and has been awful for the past season and a half.

Westwood was the main reason we had such a tight defence last season and if you do not believe that then I am afraid you are deluded.

Time and time again Palmer was caught under the flight of the ball, he was almost playing as a centre back at times, every time the ball went to him, he slowed the game down, in complete contrast to the other side, where whenever Pudil got it, he looked to get the ball forward and make something happen, it seems to me that Palmer now has the permanent mentality of a Stuart Gray player, I mean how many times did he bomb on past Wallace? - None.

It has been said earlier he has been given an easy ride because he is "a wednesday fan" - I think the more he plays in a team that has a proper full back like Pudil in it the more he will be found out and the more the fans will see just how dire he is.

As for almost blocking there 2nd goal, Taylor was his man, almost blocking is no good! he should have been taking everything and had he not been so narrow and under the flight of the ball he probably would have done so.

That,s the spirit Liam palmer wednesday fan ,Lets make him the boo boy

Being a Wednesday fan is irrelevant if he's not good enough, who he supports shouldn't come in to the conversation.

However, although I didn't go on Saturday so can only comment on the games I've seen,  I actually think he's been a lot better so far this season

Palmer was awful and has been awful for the past season and a half.

Westwood was the main reason we had such a tight defence last season and if you do not believe that then I am afraid you are deluded.

Time and time again Palmer was caught under the flight of the ball, he was almost playing as a centre back at times, every time the ball went to him, he slowed the game down, in complete contrast to the other side, where whenever Pudil got it, he looked to get the ball forward and make something happen, it seems to me that Palmer now has the permanent mentality of a Stuart Gray player, I mean how many times did he bomb on past Wallace? - None.

It has been said earlier he has been given an easy ride because he is "a wednesday fan" - I think the more he plays in a team that has a proper full back like Pudil in it the more he will be found out and the more the fans will see just how dire he is.

As for almost blocking there 2nd goal, Taylor was his man, almost blocking is no good! he should have been taking everything and had he not been so narrow and under the flight of the ball he probably would have done so.

This shows a decent lack of understanding.

He had to cover the guy in the middle.

I'm not his biggest fan at all but some of the critics on here are a tad harsh. He was at fault for the third goal but you can't blame him for the second. The whole back four look like they've never played together. I know everyone loves Lees but we conceded 3 against Borough with him playing and 3 again today with him there. What's happened to him? Every other person in our defence seems to be the scapegoat but him. I love him and think he's our best defender but something is obviously not right and we need to look at all the possibilities.