Liam palmer

This weeks Scapegoat of the Week Award goes to Liam Palmer.

A member of the successful back 4 that hardly conceded a goal during that period last year and one time POTY.

Why when someone plays very poor and fans point this out do others have to label it as scapegoating? I was saying the most of last season how poor he was. He played well against Leeds this season, but as others have said he isn't good enough for where we want to be.

My favourite quote in this thread is that he was ok, except for the mistake. Well if you only played the majority of the match and wee wee tail up for two goals it means you were bloody poor.

I keep saying this too, WESTWOOD was the reason for the amount of goals we conceded last season. It wasn't his mythical fantasfic defence in front of him. Having him back in the side will make a huge difference.

Garbage.

Did you watch the whole game yesterday?

Yes he made a bad mistake for 3rd goal but overall I thought he had a good game.

I can't see how he's getting blamed for 2nd goal, that was Loovens getting on wrong side of his man, Palmer was on his own in box with 2 Burnley players ready to receive ball. 

Edited by bradowl

Why when someone plays very poor and fans point this out do others have to label it as scapegoating? I was saying the most of last season how poor he was. He played well against Leeds this season, but as others have said he isn't good enough for where we want to be.

My favourite quote in this thread is that he was ok, except for the mistake. Well if you only played the majority of the match and wee wee tail up for two goals it means you were bloody poor.

I keep saying this too, WESTWOOD was the reason for the amount of goals we conceded last season. It wasn't his mythical fantasfic defence in front of him. Having him back in the side will make a huge difference.

I don't mind anybody coming on here and saying I don't think so and so had a good game, but when someone comes on and just says Garbage! It gets my goat.

I bet Adthes on the phone to him now thanking him for letting him get a week off.

I've been saying for a fair while that if Palmer wasn't a local lad that had come through our academy, the majority of our fans would actually see him for what he is, a League One standard right-back.

Shipping Vermijl out on loan was a mistake IMO, it should have been our weakest full-back, which is Palmer.

Palmer is the new Tommy Spurr lad come through the academy and done not bad

Did you watch the whole game yesterday?

Yes he made a bad mistake for 3rd goal but overall I thought he had a good game.

I can't see how he's getting blamed for 2nd goal, that was Loovens getting on wrong side of his man, Palmer was on his own in box with 2 Burnley players ready to receive ball.

i was referring to his attentped block. Bottled it.