Quick Questions

Does having all this talent at his disposal make Carlos Carvalhal's job easier or harder?

Provide more or less pressure?

Does it make it more or less likely that he'll stay on longer than a year?

Will other managers now see Wednesday as a good job opportunity? (Including Peter Reid)

Well if chansiri has spent all that money and we don't perform better.....

What do you expect?

Looking at next months fixtures I would expect more of the same results wise and the pressure to start in October from DC.

Then perhaps a November sacking and a december appointment with jan to tweak the squad.

We could do with a few easy games but there really aren't many in this league.

Even the relegation fodder are buying players for silly money.

If we had MM this season we would be so screwed.

Does having all this talent at his disposal make Carlos Carvalhal's job easier or harder?

Easier in terms of getting results and playing attacking football in the long run, but more difficult in terms of constructing a Championship-ready team in the short-term, perhaps.

Definitely more pressure. Chansiri has most certainly backed him and will expect us to be challenging for the playoffs this season, I'd imagine. The fans' expectations have also risen, and it's hard to sell the idea of delayed gratification these days, I'm afraid.

Less likely, I'd say. He needs to pick up a few more wins pretty sharpish to keep some fans happy and allow him to suss out his squad and this league. I really hope he manages it, as the constant chopping and changing of managers / coaches does us no favours.

Will other managers now see Wednesday as a good job opportunity? (Including Peter Reid)

Most probably, although quite where Peter Reid comes into this, I'm not sure!

Guest Distraught!

Now Carvalhal has to prove that there's substance underneath the glossy exterior.

I suspect he's as genuine as a Rolex bought from a street vendor in Hong Kong for 1000 HKD.

More pressure on CC - yes, having the quality should help us get results but he has to get the mix and set up right.  At the moment, we are playing far too deep - with Forestieri and another Striker on the way, there are no excuses for this to continue, especially at home.

Also the champ is a hard school of knocks - it quick and frantic and time is short.

DC has spent a fair whack - certainly compared to his predecessors and will want a ROI sharpish.

We'll soon find out if CC can knock this lot into shape or whether his CV does bear the truth and he just talks the talk...

I think he will last till September but if we are struggling then, I expect him to go, replaced by an English manager with Champ experience who should be able to get this lot moving in the right direction. 

If Pearson is available by then, I expect it to be him - The Committee and DC will be deperate and give in to any demands Big Nige makes, though I think the fella at Derby will be gone first and Pearson will be there instead.

Does having all this talent at his disposal make Carlos Carvalhal's job easier or harder? Easier - More quality means the players could make up for any poor tactical decisions.

Provide more or less pressure? More - Chansiri isn't going to spend megabucks just to see CC finish mid table.

Does it make it more or less likely that he'll stay on longer than a year? Less - as above

Will other managers now see Wednesday as a good job opportunity? (Including Peter Reid) Depends how long Chansiri gives Carvalhal.

Does having all this talent at his disposal make Carlos Carvalhal's job easier or harder? Both in different ways.

Provide more or less pressure? More pressure.

Does it make it more or less likely that he'll stay on longer than a year? More likely.

Will other managers now see Wednesday as a good job opportunity? (Including Peter Reid) Yes.

I'm thinking that both CC and the players are now under an enormous amount of pressure to perform. I can't see Mr C being patient for results tbh.

Could be a few comings and goings - and that might include the release of players only recently signed if they're not up and running quickly. Just a hunch.

Pressure is bound to increase on Carlos....Only one "Gi us a wave" chant yesterday...always a sign of unrest.

A fall out with a popular player....(although I reckon a player should play where he's put)

The only thing the fans are really excited about at the minute is the money being flung about...unheard of amounts by Wednesday, proof that Chansiri is serious about it, which puts even more pressure on Carlos really.

It was interesting to hear him a few weeks ago , espousing setting up the team to deal with the opposition...I'm not saying its a false premise, but Irvine got slaughtered, and rightly so, for the same timid thinking.

The 20 minutes Wednesday actually played yesterday, they played quite well, apart from getting caught out at the back.

If we had started on the front foot we may have got something from a decent Boro side.

The pessimist will say...11 clubs in 12 seasons or whatever it is...The optimist will espouse experience....Chansiri will do what he wants, I doubt he'll be patiuent after laying out all the cash...I doubt Owls fans will be patient cos they are doing the same...

Under pressure indeed Carlos..

Not sure all this  ' talent ' is an appropriate blend for this Division .We need guts , determination and a hard work ethic , and I think C C needs to understand that and quickly .In that respect I think ,and on the evidence of the first few matches ,   it will be hard for him to get that from this group of players , with a few exceptions .

If results dont improve , then of course there will be greater pressure 'cos of all the hype and expectation we've been fed about a new dawn etc .

It's the way of football and the weight of expectation that says unless we're at least mid-table by xmas he'll be on his way , and yes that would open up opportunities for many others looking for the chance to make the massive massive , with a massive pay packet [or redundancy package ] to go with it . 

Pressures relative...better players goes hand in hand with increased expectations.

I suspect we've probably already got a shortlist of potential head coaches...I think Carvalhal could be out or moved 'upstairs' by the end of October.

I think we are seeing why cc has had about 11 clubs in the last 8 years or whatever the number is. It was, is and always will be a very bizarre appointment

Guest Distraught!

I think we are seeing why cc has had about 11 clubs in the last 8 years or whatever the number is. It was, is and always will be a very bizarre appointment

Aye, but he did write a book and take a third division Portuguese side to the cup final.

I guess there are those that are still expecting the Ajax style total football at Hillsborough.

lol

Edited by Distraught!

Easier - It was harder in the past when a lack of players mean't we had youngsters on the bench

Defeats cause pressure

Carvahall will be gone by January

We are now a very attractive proposition to managers

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.