Quick Questions

Easier- Every manager would rather have selection headache over quality players surely. 

More pressure from the fans initially who see the quality of the playing squad now as opposed to in the past as such expectation levels are raised. The pressure from the owner will come if victories are still hard to come by after the international break and carry over into October/November.

If performances for a start don't improve he will come under pressure from both fans and owner. DC wanted attacking and free flowing football and CC obviously gave some form of assurances that this is how he would set his teams up to play. Thus far we have not yet delivered on this in my opinion bar 45 minutes against Bristol City and 90 mins against Mansfield. 5 games in is not panic stations however one win in 5, against a newly promoted team doesn't turn any heads. If both results and performances don't improve we shall find out how itchy DC's trigger finger is. On current form and showing I give the manager till just after Christmas. 

It's still a difficult job but yes, providing he has assurances from DC he will be allowed to have an input into the player recruitment. 

Aye, but he did write a book and take a third division Portuguese side to the cup final.

I guess there are those that are still expecting the Ajax style total football at Hillsborough.

lol

Believe you me, he will be gone by november

Huge amount of pressure. Gut tells me he will be moved upstairs by end of November (hope this is not the case). But, an average start to the season and too many players coming in that wont be able to hit the ground running and gel fast enough to save him with results.  

CC is going to be under enormous pressure (if he isn't already).

The main thing that disturbs me at the moment is how disorganised we have become as a team which was one of Gray's main strengths. It could just be the time the players are taking to get to know each other or it could be down to CC. Either way it needs addressing and quickly. The hallmark of a really good side isn't just the skill, flair and entertainment, but the ability to really dig in and grind out results when it is not going well.

Can't help but wonder what Gray would have been able to do with the current resources available.

If CC falls from grace and Pearson is available I would go for him. If Gray is on gardening leave (no idea what has happened to him) I would even consider a recall.

Can't help but wonder what Gray would have been able to do with the current resources available.

CC is going to be under enormous pressure (if he isn't already).

This is one of those questions a lot of folk will be asking themselves (me included). It's just too hard to know and the counter argument would be which of the current squad would be here if SG was still head coach? Too many variables. Can anyone do a regression analysis on this?

As for the pressure bit, I think you're spot on. Especially if we end up bringing in another one or two top level Championship players. It will be a no excuses situation. I just really want him to be successful (and I know how pathetic that sounds). It's our time damnit!!

Does having all this talent at his disposal make Carlos Carvalhal's job easier or harder?

Provide more or less pressure?

Does it make it more or less likely that he'll stay on longer than a year?

Will other managers now see Wednesday as a good job opportunity? (Including Peter Reid)

i don't envisage him being here a year...

i'm not sure about christmas to be truthful...

Does having all this talent at his disposal make Carlos Carvalhal's job easier or harder?

Harder

Provide more or less pressure?

More

Does it make it more or less likely that he'll stay on longer than a year? 

All depends on how demanding DC is. I doubt he's naive enough to think all these new players would click overnight. But he doesn't strike me as someone that would wait around if things aren't going to plan.

Will other managers now see Wednesday as a good job opportunity? (Including Peter Reid)

Yes. Great tools to work with. However they would probably still be looking at the 'head coach' role, and this might put some of the big egos off. 

Edited by DMX

We have wasted a good base to work on from last season to improve the teams position, just like Jones did 4 years ago.

I hope we do not live to regret it this season.

The pressure is on CC to get it right, but I also believe that the pressure is on the committee system too, to get it right.

I think we'll get it right, just worried that it will take longer than we thought.

Dunno who said it, think it was a journo on twitter, but went something like.....

Money + quality players = success. But the additional ingredient is patience.

I think we'll get it right, just worried that it will take longer than we thought.

Dunno who said it, think it was a journo on twitter, but went something like.....

Money + quality players = success. But the additional ingredient is patience.

Ahh ..........Patience

We got Chansiri chuckin' money about like a man with no arms...Patience?....

Carlos playing different players week in week out and half by half ...Patience?

Mc Gugan deciding he can only play in the one position 5 games in...Patience?

How the f,ook are we supposed to remain patient when the clubs like a f.ookin' hamster in a wheel?

I hope they get it right...I hope they get it right quickly...cos patience is the one commodity I'm totally f.ookin' out of....

Was interesting hearing from Carlos after the Boro game coz he clearly feels he hasn't had the players to play the formation or systems he wants. That should change after tomorrow so the next 5 games will be key, if we've still only won 1-2 games after 10 games then a serious question has to be asked about Carlos, but hopefully with the squad he wants we will start to see something much better