Goodbye Stevie May

Football is all about trading players though. They come and go all the time and a player like May i ain't going to lose sleep if a better player is coming in.

The issue - which happened from about 1997 - 2013 is that in the main replacements have been lower quality than those that have left. Ultimately why we signed the Barry Murphy's and Bestwethericks of the world

The lads got no pace, and he isn't going to get any quicker. The issue with May, with the fans, is the fear he will leave and score 25 goals for someone. He won't, but to cover our backs just get our money back, and put a big sell on clause on.

Nailed on to end up at Rotherham in my opinion.

Don't mind May leaving providing we upgrade by bringing in someone like Forestieri.  

Also as Vulva says, we need to make sure there is a decent sell on clause attached to any transfer.

Hooper would be the upgrade on Stevie May. Forestieri is different gravy

Feel a bit sorry for him - he had a season in a poor team which probably didn't enable him to demonstrate what he could do.

He was ridiculously overhyped on these boards by some - understandable against the backdrop of the striking dross we have had since the mid 90's - the hope we could to bring someone in who can score goals regularly.

We took a chance and it backfired  - the reality is unfortunately big money has to be spent to bring the type of player who will score 20+ goals, the amount we will need from someone if we are to have any chance of getting out of this league.

only centre forward I have ever seen who can't actually kick a ball, coaching staff will have worked him out quickly no girders in those scottish legs. Thankfully will not have to watch him jump at the side of the centre back when a high ball comes into the box. Lad closed people down and ran around a lot buy that alone isn't good enough.

Cough cough Nuhiu

A transfer would be a mistake imo, I still think he will come good, but it will take time.

Loan him out and see where he's at next year.

Come good?

That's just non sense. If you lack all attributes required to be a half decent championship striker how do you 'come good'?

Let's face it, he isn't quick, has no strength, poor touch, doesn't dribble great and can't shoot particular well.

Now how does you become good with all of the above?

Edited by zakswfc

Guest everydays_wednesday

Shame but no room for passengers on our rocket ship to the promised land.

Best of luck to him.

He looked a bit like Jaws in James Bond on the space ship full of gorgeous blondes going to utopia !

IF! Antonio score more and assisted loads playing disinterested for us on the wing.

He's then gone on to have an even bigger impact at Forest!

Stevie May has done jack chit in English football so to suggest he could hit 20 for another championship club and to compare him to Antonio is laughable, not on the same planet let alone league.

Because players can't take time to adapt or have a difficult first season before clicking?

And players never get sold after one season and go in to be a hit the next season somewhere else?

Hilarious statement. What was I thinking.

Tell you what re-open the thread at the end of the season and see who's right.

Because players can't take time to adapt or have a difficult first season before clicking?

And players never get sold after one season and go in to be a hit the next season somewhere else?

Hilarious statement. What was I thinking.

Tell you what re-open the thread at the end of the season and see who's right.

I will be.