Kenwyne Jones

Even last season when the focal point of things and wanted at Cardiff he was a real handful for defences.

We need someone who can help us retain defences and deal with defenders physically. I think he'd be ideal, we need someone tall and strong (upper body wise)at least

Edited by Bluesteel

This is ridiculous, we do not need a disinterested mediocre striker at the end of his career..what are people thinking of? the player that played for us ten years + ago is going to wind back the years and score a goal a game?

Bizarre. 

Have to agree.

Completely wrong kind of player to go for.

Would have been a brilliant signing on his way up, not on his way down.

The trouble is we thought a striker was the missing piece as the players around that position were so good, but after last night if we sign Jones I doubt it will be the game changer we hoped for. Seems the wednesday curse is striking again and good players aren't performing in the blue and white

Guest wilyfox

So rather than alter the style of play, tactics or play the players within the squad that will hold the ball up you'd waste money on someone to lump it up too ? Now who's being silly.

Horses for courses. The championship is a physical league. You need someone who can hold the ball up and lead the line. Le Fondre couldn't - that was apparent at Cardiff last season. He's a 4-4-2 goal poacher, and nothing more.

If the Kenwyne Jones rumours are true, he would be an absolute quality signing. But for those who went last night it was plain to see a quality attacking midfielder is needed first. UTO

No it isn't. We've got the quality in midfield, they just need to offer more support to the lone striker.

Guest tha_knows

If the Kenwyne Jones rumours are true, he would be an absolute quality signing. But for those who went last night it was plain to see a quality attacking midfielder is needed first. UTO

Weve got McGugan for that. 

It's a yes from me. We're not going to shell out 8 million + for a striker, the pool of available strikers is shrinking, and as we saw last night no matter how talented foreigners are, it's still a big shock to them in this country and they take time to adjust. I know the lad sometimes looks disinterested, but when he's on his game he's too good for this level. We could do a lot worse.

I have to say I'm unsure now, last month I was very sure but is Kenwyn going to put himself about and bully centre halfs? Would McShane been any more troubled last night?

It would be a one season thing if he did come.

The only advantage I see is that he will offer more from our set pieces and crossing

I take your point Shez, but last night was a bad all round performance from the team. These new lads looked jaded, and they'll take time to adjust to the rigours of this league. Jones in a Wednesday side firing on all cylinders behind him I think would be effective.

I've posted this before so apologies to those who've seen it. But Cardiff weren't anything special last season and he added something to them. I just get the impression they can't afford it.

Would a past it players score goals and bully players like this. Even if he doesn't break sweat..he doesn't need to