Kenwyne Jones

The transfer fee won't be an issue, and I suspect Cardiff will give him away. If he's got 2 years left on his contract at £25k per week, that's £2m. He will also be entitled to some kind of bonus if he doesn't ask for a transfer.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. For the money, I'm sure we could do better, and get someone with a future value. Great player for us, but that was 10 years ago. The lad has made his money, and would be best suited to playing in Miami in the sunshine for the last few years of his career.

Totally agree with this!

Coming towards the end of his career like you say, would be a good signing for a team that will struggle to hit mid table but we can do better and he is simply not worth the money. 

The transfer fee won't be an issue, and I suspect Cardiff will give him away. If he's got 2 years left on his contract at £25k per week, that's £2m. He will also be entitled to some kind of bonus if he doesn't ask for a transfer.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. For the money, I'm sure we could do better, and get someone with a future value. Great player for us, but that was 10 years ago. The lad has made his money, and would be best suited to playing in Miami in the sunshine for the last few years of his career.

I suppose though, the brief is to get some experience into the group All our strikers are relatively young and inexperienced.

Guest wilyfox

Looking at their pool of strikers, there's no way he'll be leaving there anytime soon.

Not necessarily. They might need him out before they can replace. He'll be amongst if not the top earner at Cardiff. Whether he stays or goes could trigger or scupper one or two deals their end.

Guest wilyfox

I suppose though, the brief is to get some experience into the group All our strikers are relatively young and inexperienced.

Exactly that. We have the young, the unproven, the untried, and the developing amongst our strikers. Kenwyne's age isn't a negative; it's probably one of the reasons we're in for him in the first place. His experience this level and above is something we don't have.

Guest mrbluesky

How can I convince you KJ isn't signing...

I WILL BUY EACH AND EVERY OWLSTALKER WHO HASNT GOT A SEASON TICKET!!!

NOW CAN WE STIP THIS!!!

Guest wilyfox

How can I convince you KJ isn't signing...

I WILL BUY EACH AND EVERY OWLSTALKER WHO HASNT GOT A SEASON TICKET!!!

NOW CAN WE STIP THIS!!!

CAN WE STIP IT? STIP IT NEW!

post-21159-0-57448100-1438805912.jpg

The second paragraph is nonsense. On a 1 or 2 year deal he'd be a superb addition.

Ftao Mr bluesky. How can you make a statement stating you are sure he isn't coming. Are you on speaking terms with either him or chansiri. Do u hav friends on Cardiff board. Tell us how you know or don't make the statement. Simple

The second paragraph is nonsense. On a 1 or 2 year deal he'd be a superb addition.

On a 1 or 2 year deal, on average money, he'd be a fair addition. The lad will want one last pay day, and I hope we don't fall for it. We may well have a few quid kicking around, but let's not waste it.

Although I wanted a striker, I'm coming round to the idea of using the loan market for this. If we can add someone with the impact of a Wickham, to the the present team, we may well be onto something. A lot will happen between now and the end of August with Premier league squads.

On a 1 or 2 year deal, on average money, he'd be a fair addition. The lad will want one last pay day, and I hope we don't fall for it. We may well have a few quid kicking around, but let's not waste it.

Although I wanted a striker, I'm coming round to the idea of using the loan market for this. If we can add someone with the impact of a Wickham, to the the present team, we may well be onto something. A lot will happen between now and the end of August with Premier league squads.

I wouldn't be adverse to using the loan system, but it usually means taking someone inexperienced. Only the upper end Premier League clubs will significantly subsidise wages, and then it's almost always youngsters. Another youngster isn't really what we need.

Ftao Mr bluesky. How can you make a statement stating you are sure he isn't coming. Are you on speaking terms with either him or chansiri. Do u hav friends on Cardiff board. Tell us how you know or don't make the statement. Simple

He is Kenwynes mrs