Yet apparently the phrase "we're all Wednesday aren't we" doesn't apply to people like me because I don't agree with a lot of the crap that's been spouted off at...chairman

Read my OP again -

...and even most of those who somehow understood the pricing were sympathetic towards those who would no longer be able to go.

I'm saying WAWAW shouldn't apply to those who feel the need to have a go at Wednesdayites who have aired concerns that they can't afford to go to watch their team.

Hes divided a fan base. On that basis he's failed.

By that standard he failed weeks ago, when he sacked Gray and there was rumours of Carvahal and Cooper, because you had three camps then. The uber emo wrsit slitters, the acid taking cloud cuckoo happyists and the people going "hey wait and see". Which is a divided fanbase. So either back then we wernt really all wednesday, or like I feel is that we all are and will always love and support the club no matter what, be it being 24 hours from going out of business, or now when we are possibly on the crest of greatness. Apart from the cnut yesterday who wanted us to fail and get relegated, he should go and play on the M1

Wasn't knocking you mate.

Serious offer here. I'm going to potentially miss a fair few games this season if I get a new job. I'll be missing maybe every other month. My ticket is open to your dad when I can't go.

Post of the week.

Wawaw

Read my OP again -

I'm saying WAWAW shouldn't apply to those who feel the need to have a go at Wednesdayites who have aired concerns that they can't afford to go to watch their team.

not seen anyone do that

genuinely

Can we put the final nail in the coffin of this ridiculous mantra now?

Over the years I've really felt like WAWAW meant something.

Away support, Wednesdayite's Smile tickets, Owls in the Park, Community programme - all that is good about this club - all in it together to push us forward. Brilliant. We're All Wednesday.

Yesterday we were given the news that for our opening day fixture, the cheapest seat in the house for an adult would cost £39.

Initially, most people showed their disgust at such a price hike, and even most of those who somehow understood the pricing were sympathetic towards those who would no longer be able to go.

Today however, we've seen dozens of sickening posts that have well and truly dented the 'WAWAW' tag. They've not tried to justify the prices with logic, they've just set out to alienate other Wednesday fans.

'If you can't afford it, tough'

'You should have bought a season ticket'

'Go and watch Rotherham instead'

'You don't have the right to go and watch Wednesday'

'It's business now, if you can't afford it we don't need you'

'You just need to save up a bit more - it's only a couple of pints'

What sort of attitude is that towards your fellow Wednesdayite? Your fellow Wednesdayite who is worrying about not being able to watch the boys in blue and white?

It's been utterly galling to see so many Wednesday fans pull the ladder up and exclaim 'I'm alright Jack'.

WAWAW? Only, it seems, if you can afford to go the matches.

Top post Kivo!!!

Wasn't knocking you mate.

Serious offer here. I'm going to potentially miss a fair few games this season if I get a new job. I'll be missing maybe every other month. My ticket is open to your dad when I can't go.

Top man.

Great gesture.

Last season, the minimum charge for our first game of the season was £25.

This season, the minimum charge for our first game of the season is £39.

What do you think the average price will be across 23 games this season?

I don't know...nobody does, that's my point...but, i'll quite gladly pay the extra £14 for the first game to see a much more exciting/expensive/attacking squad playing on our new Pitch whilst watching highlights on our new scoreboard and having a draught beer bought from the concourse....

Said before in this thread, but it's just difference of opinion. I think it's expensive but I'm not outraged, annoyed for those who will struggle to go now but until we know what the pricing will be for certain games I will hold back my full view on the matter.

It's DC's club, he's spent a lot of his own money already and the new Matchday experience might justify the prices a bit more. Let's wait and see.

Again, this thread doesn't concern the differences we have regarding the ticket prices, it concerns the sly digs at those who can't afford it.

I don't know if there's any positions available at the club Kivo but I'm sure I've seen that turnstile operatives and some other employees get to watch the match for free, may be worth seeing if there's anything available that could help your dad out to watch the match. Just a thought.

Said before in this thread, but it's just difference of opinion. I think it's expensive but I'm not outraged, annoyed for those who will struggle to go now but until we know what the pricing will be for certain games I will hold back my full view on the matter.

It's DC's club, he's spent a lot of his own money already and the new Matchday experience might justify the prices a bit more. Let's wait and see.

Spot on mate.

I think some just need to calm down a little until we know what the crack is.

I bought a ST at Phase 1 prices - it was a struggle but if I just about stretched.

Yes it's heartbreaking to see my dad shun it this year - through price alone I might add.

But I don't think my reaction to the prices are brought about by personal circumstances.

Wednesday means the world to me (as it does to all of us) and to see us charging £39 as the cheapest ticket on the opening day of the season is sickening, it really is. I really can't see how anyone can justify it.

And I certainly can't see any justification in so called Wednesdayites knocking other Owls because they're worried they can't afford to go any more.

I know we don't know what the future game prices, but why does your dad have to 'shun it this year' because he deems the Bristol City game too expensive, why wouldn't he go when the POTG is cheaper.

And personally I can't see any justification in any so called Wednesdayites knocking other Owls at all.

I've not had a go at people if they can't afford to go, I've just repeated what a fair offer the ST phase 1 prices were and how fans who could afford it and didn't get one only have themselves to blame.

My apologies Kivo if I've skim read and misinterpreted your post, I've just read some pretty poor stuff aimed at an owner who's currently trying to drag us into the modern era, somewhere Sheffield Wednesday have been absent from for way too long.

I think the biggest one for me was the 'Chansiri is a Charlatan" thread (or something along those lines), although I appreciate that wasn't you.

Once again, apologies if I've misread your post.

I don't have a a season ticket mainly because there are some Saturday's where I have to work. Last season I still managed 17 home games and 5 away and was quite happy to pay on the day to get in wherever. Having to travel over an hour each way the price hike means I probably won't get to as many games which is a real shame. Hopefully there's some middle ground the club can reach in time to bring these prices back to a more agreeable solution to most fans.

I don't get it.   Everyone is happy to be over spending in the transfer market but where does this come from.

For what its worth, if/when we get promoted I don't think the prices will increase - possibly even the other direction but what do people want?   Stagnation or progression?   What price progression?  If you can't afford it, think of your families and listen to it on the radio - which sounds harsh and I don't mean it to be, because i've experienced years where I have had to pick and choose what games I go to and I hated it, but that's life.   

You came back from a match on Saturday and started calling one our most avid supporters an embarrassment, on a football forum, for really doing nothing more than enjoying himself.

That's a sly dig if ever I've seen one don't you think?

Nah that wasnt sly, that was a straight up insult  lol

Again, this thread doesn't concern the differences we have regarding the ticket prices, it concerns the sly digs at those who can't afford it.

I've not read any really, and if so it's a small minority.

Again you've created a thread to blow things unecessarily out of proportion in my opinion. However I understand your grievances.

Edited by SallyCinnamon