Stadiums under construction thread

I can't wait until we can have our own stadium under construction thread when the West Stand is bulldozed and replaced.

Hopefully it won't be too far into the future.

That new stand at Ashton Gate is looking good.

could be the best stadium in the pub League next season.  lol

could be the best stadium in the pub League next season.  lol

Nah, Bristol City won't be relegated.

The best stadium in the pub league next season will be The Macron...or Stadium MK...or The Ricoh...or perhaps The Valley.

Definitely one of those depending on your preferences.

Edited by Wath-owl

Knock our West Stand and NW corner down, replace with Blackburn's Darwen End

image.jpg

Slightly bigger capacity, executive boxes, more concourse room.

If/when we do it I personally hope that they make it a single tiered stand. Basically just carry the North Stand around into a new West.

It would look more uniformed with the rest of the ground and would allow for more flexible segregation in big games.

• Like 1

Read the other day that West Ham had sold all 45,000 available season tickets, have a waiting list of 25,000 and are increasing the OS capacity to 60,000 before next season with a further option (Subject to agreement by various bodies) to increase to 67,000 should the crowd levels hold up. Obviously helpful to have their most successful team in a long time whilst they are moving.

And being able to knock cheap season tickets and match day tickets out due to being (almost) given a virtually brand new state of the art stadium with superb transport links and a host of other attractions in the vicinity to watch top flight, maybe champions league, football probably helps. Given the same circumstances I guess Wednesday would put a fair few more on the crowd figures too.

West Ham are seriously going places.

I can very easily see them becoming the next Man City.

Jammy gits getting that stadium handed to them on a plate.

Which, coincidentally, is pretty much exactly what got Manchester City kick-started.

I don't think anywhere near enough was done to scrutinise their deal to move to the OS and I really hope it's a disaster for them. Would love to see them relegated in it in a year or two.

If/when we do it I personally hope that they make it a single tiered stand. Basically just carry the North Stand around into a new West.

It would look more uniformed with the rest of the ground and would allow for more flexible segregation in big games.

A single tiered stand would look like a bowl. Not a fan of that unless its designed to be a bit unique. 

At the moment the south is two tiered, north single and the kop, whilst single tiered has two distinct parts. 

Knock our West Stand and NW corner down, replace with Blackburn's Darwen End

image.jpg

Slightly bigger capacity, executive boxes, more concourse room.

Like it.

I would do similar to this, fill in the corners to keep the noise in.

Ibrox7.jpg

Obviously not an exact copy of their stadium, but imagine the North Stand on the right, the cheese wedge redesigned and the corners filled in.

maxresdefault.jpg