Stadiums under construction thread

Tottenham's new stadium now just about rising above ground, I think they are still debating whether to move out for a season or demolish the North stand and play a season At WHL with 3 stands, that would give them enough space to fit the pitch in to the new stadium which they would play in its three-quarter built state the season after whilst finishing it off round them.

post-19578-0-72634000-1453390614_thumb.j

post-19578-0-02791400-1453390639_thumb.j

post-19578-0-80738700-1453390794.jpeg

Tottenham's new stadium now just about rising above ground, I think they are still debating whether to move out for a season or demolish the North stand and play a season At WHL with 3 stands, that would give them enough space to fit the pitch in to the new stadium which they would play in its three-quarter built state the season after whilst finishing it off round them.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Phase 2 would look pretty cool.  

You'd think moving out for a year would be the easiest all round though, rather than 2 years of reduced capacity and major disruption.

Just not bothered...

Those plans seem to say one season with full WHL, North stand knocked down and new pitch laid "out of season", then playing in a semi-complete new ground but still bigger than WHL the next season. Don't see where they say they'd be playing with a bit of WHL missing or at a reduced capacity compared to now?

I mean, demolishing the stand, laying a pitch then building a new stand in the off season seems incredibly ambitious so Jackie's version would make more sense to me. But that doesn't seem to be the plan.

Edited by southportdc

Current capacity - 36,000

New Stadium (fully complete) - 61,000.

So 3/4 of the new stadium should easily be bigger than the present WHL.

Apparently they went with a 61k capacity simply to out do Arsenal.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

In tonight's Evening Standard it suggests that both Spurs and Chelsea could be wanting to relocate to Wembley at the same time, with Chelsea having the upper hand because of their financial clout, and Arsenal refusing to share with either. I'd quite like to see Spurs end up having to play at somewhere like Barnet or Dagenham & Redbridge for a season...

In tonight's Evening Standard it suggests that both Spurs and Chelsea could be wanting to relocate to Wembley at the same time, with Chelsea having the upper hand because of their financial clout, and Arsenal refusing to share with either. I'd quite like to see Spurs end up having to play at somewhere like Barnet or Dagenham & Redbridge for a season...

MK init.

Just not bothered...

Couldn't one of them use Twickenham?

I live in a spurs/arsenal area and spurs fans really do remind me of Sheffield United.

Same here. When Spurs played them in the League Cup Semi-final last year I was torn between getting the Tube home from work and getting mixed up with the Blunts who'd be arriving via St Pancras, or the Spurs fans who'd be on the National Rail from Liverpool St. I chose Liverpool St because I can just about tolerate Spurs fans...and then I found that my train was teeming with Blunts who'd got lost and ended up in the wrong part of London.