Carvalhal first official video interview.

He comes across really well.

Good english.

The transfer policy is euro club reserve freebies though. Whether that means high calibre players or not, we'll have to wait and see.

Not sure i agree with this.

We are going down more of a Watford route and shopping in a more affordable market. That doesn't mean free.

If you look into the signing of Sergiu Bus then if we get all statistical based then he has a not dissimilar goal scoring record to Assambalonga. Granted this is over far less games but their two clubs before their current ones were very similar. Bus actually had 10 goals in 19 games for CSKA Sofia who are a far better standard than the comparable Peterborough.

My rationale here is that we are merely shopping in a different market. The likes of Lachman fit this brief entirely. Playing well for PEC Zwolle but the move to Twente didn't work out for whatever reason. Sasso obviously impressed at Beira-Mar to then get a four year contract at Braga but again this hasn't worked out. On a season long loan it's worth a go.

I think we will spend money but in the right areas similar to how we spent money on Bus. If we can utilise this market and pick up some obscure but talented players then it's really exciting.

I for one really like our approach over the approach other clubs have. Time will tell as to whether it works out.

I wasn't sure about him, I'm still unsure. But why not, let's go for it and see what happens. 

This ^

Some of us had our reservations but it's a new era under DC and he's trying something different.

Hopefully it works and I hope to God that CC surprises me like Gray did. I just hope it works out.

Goof luck to him. Time will tell and the player recruitment is key. 

Had given him a '2' on the Wow factor thread but have to say I was impressed with the guy in the interview. Spoke very good English [a must] talked of positive football, admitted new players are needed, sounded very sensible saying it will be a tough job which it will be and called us by our proper name and not just 'Sheffield' as I feared he might.

Willing to back him and his coaching/management team 100%.

I really hope he gets off to a good start. A poor one and the numpties will turn on him in record time, "should never have sacked Gray" blah blah blah. Gray was bullet proof to some on here. I very much doubt this bloke will be.

All the best Carlos, let's do this shít.

Pretty sure Chris Turner spoke of planning for life in the 3rd division when he took over with half of the season in division 2 left, inspirational stuff!

Carvalhal seems really positive and was good to see him take a hands on approach in the 1st session back, puzzling how it took the club until literally the 11th hour on the eve of pre-season to officially announce him.

Turners alleged first team talk told the players they were going to be relegated, this was in NOVEMBER and totally lost the dressing room according to a player at the time.

Back to Carvalhals interview, loved it, nice to see the passion  

no no no stop it, he isnt englisjh hes never managed in the championship we will be relegated and he will be sacked by september whats wrong with you people>

MASSIVE

I think they've gone..................................for now

:manager:

Good interview, comes across well.

Dare say I'm starting to get a little excited for the first time this summer, sounds like they'll be a few more players coming in, big changes on how the club is run, "Make it more modern" I think he said, about bloody time.

He's clearly had some coaching on what to say ie make sure you say Sheffield Wednesday and "massive" to fit in with the recent trend.

I think the positive reaction is more out of relief because some foreign managers do seem either a bit zany or quite far removed if they don't know the language or talk about needing to learn about the league. I'm sure CC does on the last point but giving the impression he has followed it helps.

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be our weir. United thought they had the football leagues answer to David Moyes in the making but his passing game took too long to bed in at the cost of results. i think people will get excited by the promise of good football, links to mourinho and the tactical methods he discusses in his book. Whether he will get the results to buy him the time to fully implement his methods is another thing, if we are struggling after a few months. At least he has a fair amount of experience compared to the likes of weir and speed at United when they tried a radical change of approach

Like stated by many he comes across well, his passion shines through and his English is pretty good.

The fact we need to bring in so many players means we won't be splashing the cash on one or two big signings. He made the point that we have a long Championship season with many games and he needs/wants a much bigger squad.

I don't mind us signing unknown players, we don't have a say in it and never have. We just have to trust and hope the team of people behind the signings get it right.

Alan Irvine gave a great interview when he took over. If this guy builds something at Hillsborough it'll be the first time ever for him. Fingers crossed it works out and "he'll have my full support" but don't expect miracles on the basis of a friendly interview.

But...but...but he said massive

Well Spoken and its great to get the feeling of a new and fresh approach, which is long over due.

Lets all hope it works out well adopting this "modern" style.  I think it will and the players we bring in will be already adapted to

this style.  I'd imagine this is why we are shopping abroad currently.

m

I also think this management setup has been planned for a long time,  maybe why we signed Melo / Bus.