Carvalhal first official video interview.

I think it sounded more like players that are in the starting 11 of teams, especially in this country, are well over priced. And whilst we want quality players we have to be shrewd. Tom Lees is the example of the type of business you can do 'on the cheap'.

We're not going to be on the cheap. And whilst it would feel good to see us spunk millions on a striker, Watford have shown that you don't really have to do that. Money helps. But proper scouting works just as well.

One word "MONEYBALL"

Guest davylowe

Very confident person 😑

Brought a smile to my face listening to his words

And attitude.

Doesn't mean anything I know but it's only

My thoughts for what it's worth.

I will back him all the way.

Good luck Mr Carlos all the best on your new adventure .WAWAW

That'll do for me for now, now let's judge him on performances

I do hope that we ALL even the numpties amongst our fan base, see that it won't happen in the first game or two. They only have 4 weeks or so, to soak up a completely new style of play and requirements from CC... I do hope we hit the ground utterly running but I personally won't bemoan a bedding in period for the players still at the club, incoming brand new players and of course this blend of the two and the new management team with back room staff.

It's sure to be a memorable season however it turns out but one that we can move totally forward with now.

Same here, Hillsborough has been such a dull place to watch football the last year or two. And the atmosphere has really suffered as a result. I just haven't had the same passion to go watch games as you just start to know to expect a dull game.

I don't expect promotion this year, if CC can get us playing positive entertaining football and show the basis of a long term plan in place, I will be happy. Most importantly get some excitement back at hillsborough and get fans looking forward to games again. 

I agree wholeheartedly with the above thoughts, as we all know what it's like to lose without the players fighting for each other on the pitch, also for the fans in the stands and then everybody ends up over time turning on one another and things begin the implosion effect.

However, as you say a positive, passion filled and attacking style of football can only be a good thing at Hillsborough and one with which when we experience a loss... it will or should be a lot more effink palatable than passionless and dour defend from the front games of the recent past!!!

Bring it on everybody connected with our MASSIVE GREAT CLUB!

P.S. I will forgive him for falling once in the interview and saying 'Sheffield' as he's our very own Special One lol

Carlos Carvalho, the new Billy Bean! :manager:

Very good strategy when competing with clubs who will cough up millions using parachute payments etc.

Attack it from a different angle,

Assombalonga & McCormack 20 million ? Why not scout Europe for a couple of similar players who maybe fallen out of favour etc with similar skillset available for peanuts compared to those two .

Then whenever we can negotiate a "fair" deal for a proven target we bring them in to strengthen and add value to the squad.

I do hope that we ALL even the numpties amongst our fan base, see that it won't happen in the first game or two. They only have 4 weeks or so, to soak up a completely new style of play and requirements from CC... I do hope we hit the ground utterly running but I personally won't bemoan a bedding in period for the players still at the club, incoming brand new players and of course this blend of the two and the new management team with back room staff.

It's sure to be a memorable season however it turns out but one that we can move totally forward with now.

Agree with this too, no doubt he needs time. Preseason is not long enough to expect us to hit the ground running with all the new changes, sure the fans will realise that and be patient with him and the new players. But that really is important, as we can't be expecting miracles here and start getting frustrated as soon as we experience an early defeat.

Guest The Horse

swfc dan said it earlier - he seems quite intelligent and I can see players really taking to and learning from him.

I'm confident he'll have the team playing to their strengths and enjoying their football.

Someone will evetually take this club up. Let's hope it's Carlos.

For someone who is normally quite positive, I've been quietly subdued by the summer's events so far. And whilst I'm not getting carried away with one interview, it has topped up my enthusiasm tank somewhat.

I've had word that our plan next season will very much be attack, attack, attack, attack, attack. So get ready for plenty of high-scoring games. Which will undoubtedly lead some to hark back to the days of a dull 1-0 home win, as opposed to the odd 3-5 defeat.

It's obvious that in forward areas we need more players in to support such a style. But I expect those type of players to come in.

It may not ultimately be successful, but I get the feeling we will be the division's entertainers next season.

Guest TommyTank

First impressions are very good.

I ask you all what did we expect this summer??

We were never going to pay premiership wages because that would be stupid and one quick way to get ourselves in trouble.

Hand picking the top Championship players was always going to be expensive for transfer fees, we are competing with too many clubs, newly promoted prem teams, relegated prem teams and plenty of other clubs in the championship still receiving parachute payments.

The above is an expensive and competitive market.

We are looking at players who fit into the lower prem, upper champ bracket but paying a lot less.

Plenty of homework must be done on these players to work out why they haven't made it yet because the risk is a few bad eggs.