Who would be your preferred 'head coach'/ manager?

As the title really. Noting realism, who would be your ideal candidate?

I would've gone for Warburton all day long before his trip to the Gers. Big Sam is the obvious choice. But i would even consider, and given his recent history perhaps not the best choice, Malky Mackay. Was dealt a hospital pass at Wigan imo.

Ideally I would've went for someone experienced at getting team's out of this division such as Big Sam or Lambert.

But they probably wouldn't come in and work with our committee thingie and it's debatable whether we'd even be able to attract them or afford them?

More realistically I would like us take a chance on a up and coming coach who could work with a more experienced assistant or director of football or something alongside them.

In that case I would've gone for someone like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink or Dennis Bergkamp. I would've loved for us to have gone for that Clement who went to Derby, I reckon they've got a gem.

Guest Darkus Owlus

If they balls this up they may as well add +1 year onto the promotion target atleast.

This is a unique opportunity to appoint a good manager, money, pre season, bring in their own players.

I really fear for whats about to happen with this appointment.

If they balls this up they may as well add +1 year onto the promotion target atleast.

This is a unique opportunity to appoint a good manager, money, pre season, bring in their own players.

Aye, I agree, it seem's like a wasted opportunity if we don't get the most important appointment right after getting rid of Gray it seems like the likes of CC; Cooper and Sheridan would be a step backwards and don't justify axing Gray. On the other hand the player recruitment was and is always going to be the biggest key and sign of intent, no matter whether we kept Gray or whoever we replace him with. It could go pear-shaped if Chansiri and the committee get Gray's replacement wrong and we could end up going through a Cellino cycle of managers/head coaches. However I'm more optimistic than in the past 15 years that we now can compete more financially and if they get it wrong then Chansiri can bring someone else in and eventually get it right and learn from his and the committee's mistakes. 

Agree with this a million percent.

Realistically I'd like to see us bring in

Megson

Allardyce

Lambert

Zola

Mccarthy

Pearson

Totally unrealistic

Rodgers

Klopp

Not sure why Allardyce is the 'obvious choice' - is this simply because he's out of work? Nobody would mention him if he was still in a job. As for Mackay - think he contributed to his own downfall with his behind the scences shannanigans. He did well to actually get the Wigan job. Warburton could have been interesting but not in the structure we seem to be establishing as that's the reason he's moved on from Brentford.

Not sure why Allardyce is the 'obvious choice' - is this simply because he's out of work? Nobody would mention him if he was still in a job. As for Mackay - think he contributed to his own downfall with his behind the scences shannanigans. He did well to actually get the Wigan job. Warburton could have been interesting but not in the structure we seem to be establishing as that's the reason he's moved on from Brentford.

If Allardyce was still in a job he'd be at a Premier League club, hardly likely we could pry him from it, so yea, he's only being mentioned because he's out of work, because he's AVAILABLE. What a bizarre thing for you to say. 

It might have something to do with the fact he gets teams promoted and keeps them in the premiership.

I thought someone like Lambert might work. But he's probably more used to his own way now.

If we want a young coach who is in the cooper mould for the new committe system then I'd be going for Gary Rowett

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest totemowl

Same old stereotypes being trotted out. Apart from mmm you all seem to be missing the point that appointing one of these just keeps us on the same old bandwagon without improving the footballing operations.

As for mmm, his obsession with JFH is a bit worrying... :ph34r:

I'd love to see us appoint Gary Neville, of course it's not in a million years going to happen. 

Neville would be a good shout. 

I'd go for an experienced manager who has got a couple of promotions on his CV.  Big Sam or Megson for me.

I actually would understand Cooper more than I could CC. Young upcoming coach hungry for success given a chance at a higher level.

He's not young and up and coming. He's a 46 year old who has one decent season outside the non-league. The biggest club he's managed is Peterborough, and that was a total disaster.

There's a reason nobody has picked him up at that age, and that his latest job before Swindon manager was as assistant in League One.

I would go for Paul Lambert myself.

Went sour last six months a Villa but got a really good CV before that and would have a point to prove.

Would be happy with Big Sam but think might be too expensive with a big back room staff and will probably go on holiday for a few months bide his time until October or November and see what Premiership jobs become available.