Who would be your preferred 'head coach'/ manager?

Agree with this a million percent.

Realistically I'd like to see us bring in

Megson

Allardyce

Lambert

Zola

Mccarthy

Pearson

Totally unrealistic

Rodgers

Klopp

Megson - had his time.  Allardyce - hump the ball. Lambert - almost took Villa down. Zola - great player, not a manager of worth.  Mccarthy - no thanks. Pearson - I give you that one. Rogers (lpool?) gimme a break. Klopp, now he would be good for us.

I'd have taken a look at a younger up and coming manager in the lower leagues, look at Gary Rowett, I'm sure plenty of Birmingham fans were nervous when he was appointed. Done great so far.

Jimmy Floyd hasn't been around long, might be too soon for him, but if Burton start well in league 1 he'll be managing in the Championship before the season is out.

Ainsworth would be a laugh just to wind the pigs up.

I'd say that Allardyce is completely unrealistic, he'll get much better offers than us when he returns to management.

He's not young and up and coming. He's a 46 year old who has one decent season outside the non-league. The biggest club he's managed is Peterborough, and that was a total disaster.

There's a reason nobody has picked him up at that age, and that his latest job before Swindon manager was as assistant in League One.

I agree. He would be a dreadful appointment.

isn't sam, (sorry) wasn't sam the highest paid english manager in the premier?

i imagine he'll be fancying a premier job, when one pops up...

i doubt you splash the cash on a state of the art playing surface, and then appoint megson or sam... WTF:

Well at least we wouldn't ruin our nice new pitch:)