Who would be your preferred 'head coach'/ manager?

Same old stereotypes being trotted out. Apart from mmm you all seem to be missing the point that appointing one of these just keeps us on the same old bandwagon without improving the footballing operations.

As for mmm, his obsession with JFH is a bit worrying... :ph34r:

Who would be your choice working within this new system?

I thought a Rowett or a JFH wouldnt be so bad, if the benchmark is Cooper.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Agree with this a million percent.

Realistically I'd like to see us bring in

Megson

Allardyce

Lambert

Zola

Mccarthy

Pearson

Totally unrealistic

Rodgers

Klopp

Same, Allardyce doesn't appeal either but if it's him or Cooper then flip me I'll take Allardyce atleast he knows what he's doing.

Cooper....ffs, how do they come to this decision?

A manager, none of this Head Coach and DoF shyte.

Allardyce is out of our league, I would go for Lambert.

i worry for the head coach havin' players dumped on him by a committee, and expected to 'achieve' with someone he never wanted...

back to the megson and skoda's scenario...

Been saying for a few months before Gray left that I wanted Lambert

Would love to see him brought in.

i think at the level most wednesdayites see us at (hopefully), then lambert would have been about right for us to push on after gray...

as for cooper, i hope not, i really hope swindon are willin' to put up a good fight to keep him, and if so, good luck to them...

i don't think he's the man to take us up, and any money spent under his stewardship is money we can't spend again...

i personally wouldn't have spent money on the ground, i'd have put all i could into the management and squad for a serious push...

Neville would be a good shout. 

I'd go for an experienced manager who has got a couple of promotions on his CV.  Big Sam or Megson for me.

isn't sam, (sorry) wasn't sam the highest paid english manager in the premier?

i imagine he'll be fancying a premier job, when one pops up...

i doubt you splash the cash on a state of the art playing surface, and then appoint megson or sam... WTF:

Guest totemowl

Who would be your choice working within this new system?

I thought a Rowett or a JFH wouldnt be so bad, if the benchmark is Cooper.

Quite happy with Carvalhal but not convinced by Cooper. He doesn't have the big club record that I'd be looking for, neither as a player or as coach / manager. But both similar track records, quite a few clubs with a few promotions / cup runs each. So I wonder whether that's what the criteria were?

As for JFH, no. But Carvalhal with coach of Clements or Ian Cath*** might have appealed more.

I don't think these decisions are in the hands of numpties tho so if they decide on Cooper then I can buy into that.

Edited by totemowl

Guest PAUL.

If I'd got the money DC has, I'd have gone out and made sure I got the best at any price.

David Dein to oversee everything and run the club.

Diego Simeone (I know, I know)for the team or

Someone like Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe.

You might all laugh at that but money talks and with it would bring success.

As it stands at the mo, we're a laughing stock...........and DC not due til July so lord only knows what's in the pipeline.

If Allardyce was still in a job he'd be at a Premier League club, hardly likely we could pry him from it, so yea, he's only being mentioned because he's out of work, because he's AVAILABLE. What a bizarre thing for you to say.

Why does that make him the OBVIOUS choice (I can do capitals as well! Nothing obvious about Allardyce he would never come - in a job or out of one. What a bizarre suggestion.

It might have something to do with the fact he gets teams promoted and keeps them in the premiership.

Yeah that's what we want but that doesn't make him the obvious choice. He is / was never going to come to Hillsborough. Lazy bookmakers / journalists linking him that all. That's obvious!