Charlie Adam - Linked to Leeds

Guest micheledipiedi

Guest micheledipiedi

if you look at my recent posts i agree with you some of the names being linked are ridiculous (e.g. Danny Ings)

However, Adam is a player (potentially) dropping down from a mid-table side into the Champ, he is certainly not a "leading EPL player", and if he is going to drop down it will surely be to a team looking at promotion e.g. us. 

a signing like Adam would be no less likely than Darren Bent for instance, every year a few PL boys drop down, lets be honest if Westwood signed for us last year than Adam should not be out of the question this year

Guest wilyfox

lets be honest if Westwood signed for us last year than Adam should not be out of the question this year

Except Adam is in Stoke's starting XI and performing out of his skin, Westwood was not.

Guest ka58

To anybody who says " no chance " to us signing a player , I say how can you possibly know there is no chance?

Nobody has any clue as to how much DC is willing to spend , and until we make our first signing which should give us an indication such comments are as useless as they baseless

DC may pump in 30 million plus , he may put in 1 or 2 million

Currently to the best of knowledge no one has a clue and everyone is working on guesswork and rumour.

To anybody who says " no chance " to us signing a player , I say how can you possibly know there is no chance?

Nobody has any clue as to how much DC is willing to spend , and until we make our first signing which should give us an indication such comments are as useless as they baseless

DC may pump in 30 million plus , he may put in 1 or 2 million

Currently to the best of knowledge no one has a clue and everyone is working on guesswork and rumour.

In Adam instance id say no chance because he wouldn't want to come - regardless of what money we've got.

Phillips not as ridiculous - strikes me as a very good champ player but not good enough for top division.

In Adam instance id say no chance because he wouldn't want to come - regardless of what money we've got.

Phillips not as ridiculous - strikes me as a very good champ player but not good enough for top division.

Phillips has pretty much been the only decent QPR player in the second half of the season

Guest wilyfox

Phillips has pretty much been the only decent QPR player in the second half of the season

This ^

I want the best players we can get, but there must be a degree of realism with our targets. If Gray plans to pursue the likes of Phillips this summer, Roeder had better be on standby with a list of attainable alternatives.

Guest ka58

A decent player in a top end championship side in qpr.

A decent player in a top end championship side in qpr.

Who as the second half of the season when he was given a chance has shown, he is more than capable of playing in the prem, and doing well, as shown by the fact hes been the best player in the QPR side

Is this the same Charlie Adam who's playing the best football he's played since hos move from Blackpool to Liverpool? The one who's scored 3 in 4 games and been a first team regular for Stoke all season? Seriously I know we're all excited about having a nice shiny hopefully big transfer budget but even with money to spend some transfers are simply never going to happen.

prem by 2017 mmmm that to me means we won't be shy about spending so players of the calibre spoken about could be bought in , we aint going to do it with lower league unless they are exceptional are we or we will be still here same time next year , why spend millions on the ground and knowt on the team ,as that would defeat the object methinks

At least if it was true you would think we are the better prospect. Leeds is a circus these days. We are minted. I know of the two which prospect I would prefer

Exactly - regardless of whether they'd come to us or not, if Leeds fans think they can attract that sort of player then I'd love to know what they're smoking. The club is a never-ending disaster with an appalling public image.

agreed, because Adam is already 29 if he goes from Stoke he will have limited options, he might decided he'd rather not be a squad player in a side fighting relegation than be a key player in a promotion charge

equally the promoted sides would be wise to look at him if he is going

He might rather stick around and pick up the huge wages he's getting at Stoke compared to what us, Leeds or anyone in the championship will offer. Not a prayer Edited by james o connor