Charlie Adam - Linked to Leeds

Guest micheledipiedi

Guest micheledipiedi

The Daily Mail are saying that Leeds are in for Charlie Adam and Matt Phillips.

If they're in for them then so should we be. Personally I'd expect Phillips to stay in the Prem, but Adam would be a fantastic signing for us, got that perfect blend of aggression and skill.

Probably a much more realistic signing than many we've been linked with - if he's coming to the Championship we ought to be in for him

Edited by micheledipiedi

Those two would be courting Premier League attention, surely?

Adams has been a mainstay of Stoke's team this season and Philips has all the tools to play for a decent Premier League side. 

Guest micheledipiedi

agreed, because Adam is already 29 if he goes from Stoke he will have limited options, he might decided he'd rather not be a squad player in a side fighting relegation than be a key player in a promotion charge

equally the promoted sides would be wise to look at him if he is going

Guest micheledipiedi

id have thought so as well, was just saying that if Leeds are, then we should be too

generally i'd say the Mail are more accurate than a lot of papers, can't see why Redfearn would have put him on his list if there's not some talk of him dropping down a league

Guest rubydubydoo

To anybody who says " no chance " to us signing a player , I say how can you possibly know there is no chance?

Nobody has any clue as to how much DC is willing to spend , and until we make our first signing which should give us an indication such comments are as useless as they baseless

DC may pump in 30 million plus , he may put in 1 or 2 million

Currently to the best of knowledge no one has a clue and everyone is working on guesswork and rumour.

To anybody who says " no chance " to us signing a player , I say how can you possibly know there is no chance?

Nobody has any clue as to how much DC is willing to spend , and until we make our first signing which should give us an indication such comments are as useless as they baseless

Currently to the best of knowledge no one has a clue and everyone is working on guesswork and rumour.

So you are saying Owlstalk is guesswork and rumour and some posters haven't a clue............................shocked!!!

Guest Strap

There's NO CHANCE, that we will ever get a player who's anywhere near as good as Charlie Adam. He's a top premiership player. Some of our fans are delutional.

Cant believe the amount of people who think a run of the mill pship player is way out of our league...lets hope dc has a bit more ambition

Great if he has, but let's be honest, SWFC have got a lot of convincing to do for fans to believe we're going to be pushing for promotion never mind players & agents that have been in the PL for several seasons (in Adams case).