Charlie Adam - Linked to Leeds

Guest micheledipiedi

Exactly - regardless of whether they'd come to us or not, if Leeds fans think they can attract that sort of player then I'd love to know what they're smoking. The club is a never-ending disaster with an appalling public image.

Hmm and footballers are salt of the earth role models with high moral agents that never chase the £'s.

Adam's is fast approaching 30 and on £40k a week. If LUFC offered £25k on the back of a four year contract he'd sign.

We won't, of course, as it's just a rumour based on hearsay. Besides Cellino doesn't offer contracts to 30+ year olds.

Hmm and footballers are salt of the earth role models with high moral agents that never chase the £'s.

Adam's is fast approaching 30 and on £40k a week. If LUFC offered £25k on the back of a four year contract he'd sign.

We won't, of course, as it's just a rumour based on hearsay. Besides Cellino doesn't offer contracts to 30+ year olds.

What do you think Cellino's strategy will be for next season in terms of on-the-pitch investment?

Didn't the same newspaper say we were lining up a £12m for Jordan Rhodes?

Also aren't Leeds still under a transfer embargo?

I know close season can be boring but surely we all saw this steaming pile of BS a mile off!!

I know close season can be boring but surely we all saw this steaming pile of BS a mile off!!

Also Charlie Adam's contract doesn't run out until 2016. A transfer fee would have to be involved, on top of high wages.

For a club under a transfer embargo and a mess off the pitch with a dodgy owner, there is no chance whatsoever that the likes of Charlie Adam will be in a Leeds shirt next season.

Plus he's a player who is doing well for a top ten PL side, who are looking to push on again next season. Even if he left he would walk into some of the bottom half PL sides or newly promoted sides.

WTF:

What do you think Cellino's strategy will be for next season in terms of on-the-pitch investment?

If we still have Byram, Cook, Mowatt and Taylor at the club I'll be happy.

Cellino said that the 13/14 accounts would not make good reading as he was addressing the issues left from the previous owners and he was right.

He's also recently stated that the 14/15 account losses are minimal and within FFP guidelines so the embargo will be lifted.

Keep Redder's and reinstate Thompson and we could be an outside play off bet.

But suspect next season will be another of not going up not down. What Cellini's long term plan is, who knows.

The Red Bull takeover rumour has appeared again and doesn't seem to be going away.

Edited by just visiting

I think you're right JV, keeping those 4 would be as good as any signing, I think you could struggle to stave off the interest especially for cook and mowatt. I've seen a few articles linking prem teams with both players but if I'm honest I'm surprised there hasn't been a hell of a lot more speculation, anywhere upwards of 4m and cellino will sell imo.

No he wouldn't

Because there are many other clubs, both Premiership and championship, that he would sign for before you (And us but we're not talking about that..).

TBF, stick Charlie Adam in the middle of Cook and Mowatt, with Byram and Taylor on the wings and your probably right.

TBF, stick Frank Lampard in our midfield and you could say the same about us.

Neither's going to happen so totally irrelevant.