Are we expecting the retained list to be out today ?

Mattock and Buxton leaving is the two I am bit gutted about. Both would have been excellent squad players at least for a transitional year.

Maguire staying doesn't make any sense. We've failed in every aspect of attacking this season and as a winger which is what Gray sees him as he simply hasn't created enough or scored enough.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/owls-reveal-player-list-2442178.aspx

Sheffield Wednesday can confirm the release of 11 players following the end of the 2014/15 campaign, whilst entering into discussions with five players regarding their respective futures.

The list of those released reads as Lewis Buxton, Giles Coke, Paul Corry, Rafa Floro, Dejan Kelhar, Gary Madine, Joe Mattock, Jacques Maghoma, Rhys McCabe, Matt Young and Kamil Zayatte. 

The Owls would like to thank the players released and wish them well for the future. 

Wednesday also thank loanees Lloyd Isgrove, Will Keane and Lewis McGugan, who have each returned to their parent clubs following the conclusion of the season. 

Dialogue is ongoing with Chris Kirkland, Kieran Lee, Glenn Loovens, Chris Maguire and Jose Semedo. 

Head coach Stuart Gray told swfc.co.uk: “Releasing players is never an easy process because I have worked with these boys for some time. 

“They are good, honest professionals who have given me nothing but their full support since I took on the role of head coach. 

“I would personally like to thank the players and wish them nothing but the best for the future.â€

Not really any surprises there! Thought Zayatte would have potentially been offered a new one, considering how well he played when he had to come in!

Edited by little_orme

Agree with Semedo, Lee and Loovens. They were certs

Kirkland will have cut his wages down inline with being a back up keeper

Maguire has a few offers on the table, not really arsed either way

Lewis Buxton has been an excellent servant to this club. I hope he finds a local club.

Agreed

Feel Zayatte and Buxton are the only two glaring mistakes... but if we can replace them with players of similar ability that are about 10 years their junior then I'll have no basis for complaints

But this does mean we'll need at least 5 signings to get squad players back, and then another 5 of real quality. Reckon we'll see about 10 new faces come August

Zayatte and Buxton don't have the fitness reliability to stay with us.

Now if Chessie get promoted Buxton will go there

Kirkland could end up at Wigan again as it seems Carson and Al Habsi will be released \ listed

I'm happy with that on the whole.

A little bit surprised by Mattock.  Buxton and Zayatte you can count on one hand the games they've played this season.   Maguire would need to accept he's a squad man but i've said before I wonder if he'd be a better player with better players around him.

Exciting times.  Let's not recruit poorly now.

oh, and see ya Madine and McCabe.  Don't let the door hit you.

Mattock and Buxton leaving is the two I am bit gutted about. Both would have been excellent squad players at least for a transitional year.

Maguire staying doesn't make any sense. We've failed in every aspect of attacking this season and as a winger which is what Gray sees him as he simply hasn't created enough or scored enough.

This I thought Mattock was decent this season and would be great back up.

Buxton has had his injuries but is still championship standard.