Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Celtic's spies were in Holland Friday night at ADO game, looking at  replacement for Stokes - probably depends on them getting in Champions League next week  

JOAO = young player expect to see him play odd games eg cup and coming on every now and again

I think you underestimate how good he is mate, he got a Portugal call up (although admitedly didn't play). Would we give a 21 year old who'd got called up to England only the odd cup game? I expect him to be ahead of all our current strikers (bar Dave) in the pecking order for the next few months until one of them gives Carlos a reason to change his mind on them

Guest wilyfox

Think Jones would be more influential for us in that lone central role. ALF needs a partner up there. Played on his lonesome at Cardiff and struggled. With McGugan and Wallace putting quality into the box, Jones would have a field day.

Edited by wilyfox

I think you underestimate how good he is mate, he got a Portugal call up (although admitedly didn't play). Would we give a 21 year old who'd got called up to England only the odd cup game? I expect him to be ahead of all our current strikers (bar Dave) in the pecking order for the next few months until one of them gives Carlos a reason to change his mind on them

I agree - although he's a 'young prospect' he isn't going to do his international career much good by sitting on the bench here and playing the odd cup game. Think he will be involved in most matches - maybe not as a starter, but coming on as a sub.

Whether he can have more involvement than that really depends on how well he performs.

Think Jones would be more influential for us in that lone central role. ALF needs a partner up there. Played on his lonesome at Cardiff and struggled. With McGugan and Wallace putting quality into the box, Jones would have a field day.

Agreed

I trust jones more than alf to work hard for us. I have always thought alf believed he was better than us.

BORO TO UP RHODES BID

Middlesbrough are set to submit an improved £14m bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes, the Mail on Sunday are reporting.

Rovers have already rejected a £12m offer for the Scotland international from the Riverside club and need to sell another player to have their transfer embargo lifted.

HOwever, they are keen to keep hold of Rhodes as they aim to push for promotion themselves.

"Well, good luck with that". :-D

They still haven't matched his £16M valuation...

Championship clubs spending £14M makes me feel sick. There's teams in the Champions league and top of their respective divisions that can't afford anywhere near that. Teams like Villarreal or Fiorentina rarely spend that much on a player and you're telling me Middlesbrough will, in the 2nd tier. Eurghhh. Vomit.