Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

How can you possibly know that, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes

We have strengthened and will continue to do so

DC and CC know their goals and have stated them

No desire, what a joke

I don't, that's why I put "it seems" We may well still do it, and I said, I'm hopeful we will, but the indications so far are, that we won't pay the sort of fees needed to entice the top players

I don't, that's why I put "it seems" We may well still do it, and I said, I'm hopeful we will, but the indications so far are, that we won't pay the sort of fees needed to entice the top players

So by the insinuation of "it seems" you have formed an opinion

We are going about our business in a very efficient and patient manner

I accept that their is a great deal of work to be done and judging by our recruitment so far, we are signing players who will do a specific job

By not signing "top players" I assume you mean big money signings and chucking a cheque book at the market, does that guarantee anything? Jordan Rhodes has won nothing and will cost £14m+.

Astute business can be just as rewarding and i think we all should be just a little more forgiving towards the current management team, judge them when they have been given real time to justify their intentions.

So by the insinuation of "it seems" you have formed an opinion

We are going about our business in a very efficient and patient manner

I accept that their is a great deal of work to be done and judging by our recruitment so far, we are signing players who will do a specific job

By not signing "top players" I assume you mean big money signings and chucking a cheque book at the market, does that guarantee anything? Jordan Rhodes has won nothing and will cost £14m+.

Astute business can be just as rewarding and i think we all should be just a little more forgiving towards the current management team, judge them when they have been given real time to justify their intentions.

I think we are saying the same thing. No I don't think we should be pursuing the likes of Rhodes, and have said so many times. Those sort of fees really should not be considered by championship clubs and I'm glad if we decide to sit this one out. We can't get away from the fact though, that some of our rivals are prepared to go down that route. I do think the game has changed now, where the average price for a good young championship striker is probably around £5m. Whilst I don't expect us to pay that, if we do have ambitions to mount a challenge, then at some point we might have to consider it

That was assuming we were able to gel quickly. We can rightly be enthusiastic about some of our signings, but if we take a look around, some of the clubs with, already better squads, have also done some shrewd business. A lot of good players in the championship this season. I still hope that we might bring in a couple of genuine game changers, but it seems there isn't the budget, or probably the desire to do it. As long as we have a reasonable season and the football is good, that'll do for me.

You've said similar to this a few times, but looking at the teams who finished above us last season I would say only Middlesbrough and Derby have done noticeably better business than us (and strengthened already strong squads). Charlton and Brentford have done a similar level of business. The rest above us have done very little, or in a few cases lost or look close to losing some of their better players. Who else would you say has done some shrewd business?

Edited by paulmat

Some of the 'top paper squads' will struggle. They always do. I'm pretty sure 2-3 of Hull, QPR, Derby, Boro, Burnley, Fulham, Wolves will fail to reach the play offs.

Well one of them has to miss out pal

Only 4 teams make it to the play-offs so at least 3 of those 7 teams will definitely miss out.  :rolleyes:

Leeds fans didn't rate a young Tom Lees, they let him go for next to nothing, becomes one of our best players.

Wednesday fans didn't rate a young Giles Coke, they let him go for nothing and...

You never know  ;-)

There's a few differences.

Giles Coke is 29. Tom Lees was 23 when we bagged him.

Giles Coke was a lower league/SPL floater and came to us as a cheap option. Tom Lees is an experienced championship centre half and we bagged a bargain.

Giles Coke has never been recognised at international level. Unlike Tom Lees.

Tom Lees was still in the Leeds starting 11 or thereabouts when we got him. Coke was released after spending season after season hiding...

Tom Lees has played more games at a better level than Coke in less seasons.

Coke is poo poo. McCarthy already said that they needed to get him in 'because they lack central midfielders' rather than saying he's a reyt good player and he'll provide competition for so and so.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest wilyfox

Except Tom Lees was 23yrs old with his best years likely to be infront of him, having been an U21 international playing 40games+ per season. Giles Coke is a 29yr old bit-part player who goes AWOL and tends to struggle with niggling injuries.

Edited by wilyfox