Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

They still haven't matched his £16M valuation...

Championship clubs spending £14M makes me feel sick. There's teams in the Champions league and top of their respective divisions that can't afford anywhere near that. Teams like Villarreal or Fiorentina rarely spend that much on a player and you're telling me Middlesbrough will, in the 2nd tier. Eurghhh. Vomit.

It is getting mental. It's all about the TV money in the Prem next season clearly and taking a gamble it pays off. Otherwise, FFP will kick in and you'll be like Blackburn.

how can boro get around ffp?

if they sign Rhodes their summer spending will be about 25m lol

ridiculous.

Think they're putting everything into promotion this season, and therefore the money they get from promotion will balance their books.

They may get a transfer embargo in January. But they'll be hoping that they don't have to spend money in January. 

Forest did similar last season, spending £8m on Assombalonga and it didn't pay off. Transfer embargo this window and haven't been able to spend money.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest wilyfox

I think we know enough now to know that FFP means very, very little...

Tell that to Blackburn, Forest and Bolton. People use QPR as an example, but they aren't yet under sanction.

The likes of Fulham, Derby and Boro seem to be leading the way in this division, whether or not that will be reflected on the pitch, we'll have to wait and see. It does put into context our spending though, and more importantly, our expectations. With what we've done so far, I'd say we could expect an upper mid table placing

The likes of Fulham, Derby and Boro seem to be leading the way in this division, whether or not that will be reflected on the pitch, we'll have to wait and see. It does put into context our spending though, and more importantly, our expectations. With what we've done so far, I'd say we could expect an upper mid table placing

A lot depends on how quickly we gel 

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Would be happy ish with a top 10 finish if it looked like we could build on it and we were genuinely playing good attacking footy scoring goals

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Some of the 'top paper squads' will struggle. They always do. I'm pretty sure 2-3 of Hull, QPR, Derby, Boro, Burnley, Fulham, Wolves will fail to reach the play offs.

Well one of them has to miss out pal 😉

FFP rules have changed so that clubs can lose 39mil over 3 seasons. Clubs can spread the cost of player deals through the length of their contracts so that instead of saying they spent 9 mil in one go they could say it was 3mil per year over a 3 year contract. As the 39 mil is took as an aggregate over the 3 seasons , they could argue that although they may have lost more than the 13mil allowed for one of the seasons , they could sell one or two of their players to take the losses below the allowed aggregate of 39mil over the 3 years. Don't think we're going to see too many more clubs affected by ffp if you look at it this way, and I'm sure this is the reason as to why the clubs and the football league got together to change the rules in the first place

A lot depends on how quickly we gel

That was assuming we were able to gel quickly. We can rightly be enthusiastic about some of our signings, but if we take a look around, some of the clubs with, already better squads, have also done some shrewd business. A lot of good players in the championship this season. I still hope that we might bring in a couple of genuine game changers, but it seems there isn't the budget, or probably the desire to do it. As long as we have a reasonable season and the football is good, that'll do for me.

I'd accept that this season.

We were never going to get promoted playing the defensive style we adopted last year, so long-term we have to transition to a more attacking brand of football which will allow us to play on the front foot and look to dominate games. The obvious danger with this is that we're likely to start conceding more goals - there is a balance to be struck and it's not easy to hit upon, even if you spend silly money. 

If this time next year we've been sniffing around the playoff positions playing an attacking style of football that gets fans off their seats, then we'll be well placed to strengthen again next summer and look to push towards promotion.

That was assuming we were able to gel quickly. We can rightly be enthusiastic about some of our signings, but if we take a look around, some of the clubs with, already better squads, have also done some shrewd business. A lot of good players in the championship this season. I still hope that we might bring in a couple of genuine game changers, but it seems there isn't the budget, or probably the desire to do it. As long as we have a reasonable season and the football is good, that'll do for me.

How can you possibly know that, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes

We have strengthened and will continue to do so

DC and CC know their goals and have stated them

No desire, what a joke