Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Absolute drivel.

Nuhiu was our leading scorer last season, playing in a team with limited attacking options.

If we could sign someone with the pedigree and proven goal record of Gayle, and played him alongside Nuhiu, who's selfless link up play is a really plus point, then there's absolutely no reason why Nuhiu couldn't get the goals he got this season. Add that to a potential 20 goals from a proven marksmen (and goals from the likes of Lee, McGugan & Maguire (and whoever else we sign!)) then there's nothing at all stopping us from becoming a top 6 side with Nuhiu in the side.

Nuhiu's obvious strengths are his link up, his selfless play and the fact he draws attention from defenders. We struggled last season, because he was expected to do all that and be the teams primary goal threat... A role that should have been taken by Stevie May.

It's not drivel at all. So flipping what if he was our top scorer. He scored less than 10 in the league. Being our top scorer in the season we've just had means roger all. We finished as high as we did because of our defence, keeper and the way Gray set us up

Nuhiu is ridiculously inconsistent. He's there to do a job that involves linking up play, holding the ball up and offering a physical presence. He does it once every 6 or 7 games. The rest of the time he hampers the team rather than helps.

Gayle plus a much better version of Nuhiu would be worth talking about. Nuhiu as first choice and a top 6 finish, is laughable.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

Nahki Wells perhaps? Dwight Gayle is unrealistic and out of our League and he'll probably end up at one of the newly promoted sides to the top flight, unless Palace decide to keep him.

I too think we need at least two strikers, maybe three. That Ivan Toney albeit young and a lower league striker, looks ideal for us if he doesn't end up at Wolves or someone similar.

Wood and Wells were my realistic choices, not one, but both of them, but if we were planning to take the plunge, then I'd like to go for Gayle. Toney, I would imagine would be someone we'd see as a development prospect. Be all for that one as well.

Conversely, we're not being linked with anyone at the moment. That's the way to do business. Very professional.

These agents we're dealing with must've been told to shut up or the deals are all off.

Furthermore, we've stated we're aiming to do our deals early.

Once players are back from their hollibobs, it'll be wham, bam, thank you mam, a long list of quality signings.

That's how it seems to be shaping up to me.

Ps - it's still only 26 May FFS!

Conversely, we're not being linked with anyone at the moment. That's the way to do business. Very professional.

These agents we're dealing with must've been told to shut up or the deals are all off.

Furthermore, we've stated we're aiming to do our deals early.

Once players are back from their hollibobs, it'll be wham, bam, thank you mam, a long list of quality signings.

That's how it seems to be shaping up to me.

Ps - it's still only 26 May FFS!

Hopefully

Nugent , Wood or Wells would do the job for me, I still say midfield is more important

We have to find goals all across the team not just upfront , i said yesterday look at the Bradley Johnsons , Leadbitters , Ritchies , even Howson has 9 goals , were looking at pinning all our goalscoring midfielders hopes on Lewis McGugan

Nugent , Wood or Wells would do the job for me, I still say midfield is more important

We have to find goals all across the team not just upfront , i said yesterday look at the Bradley Johnsons , Leadbitters , Ritchies , even Howson has 9 goals , were looking at pinning all our goalscoring midfielders hopes on Lewis McGugan

Aye agree with that mate. Looking back to our promotion side we had goals throughout the team that year, and most promoted or top 6 sides have goals all across their teams.

We're very short at the moment, after releasing plenty of players. Last season showed we could compete defensively but we were a long way away attacking wise. 

We've lacked goals throughout the team since the likes of Reda Johnson left and we've missed the creativity and goals from Michail Antonio but our current strikers are all inexperienced and unproven at this level, and a long way off the quality and attacking threat we had when we had the likes of Wickham and Fryatt on loan the other season.

What strikers at the level could we realistically target?

The likes of Daryl Murphy; Andre Gray, Nakhi Wells, Lewis Grabban (if not wanted by his newly promoted side?), ALF or Donaldson?

Even then the likes of Andre Gray would probably be costing £3M+, Grabban still managed 12 goals even though he wasn't getting picked regularly! Which indicates his value is still around £3M. Cardiff want to recoup some of the £3M they paid so I imagine he'd be around the £2M mark. Not sure about Wells and Donaldson but you can bet they'd be wanting upwards of £1.5M a piece. 

Murphy could be a HUGE signing for us, free agent on big wages but those wages could justify not paying a transfer fee. Show him the vision of the club and the direction and we could have the best striker in the league. As it is, I can see a Prem team taking a punt on him for free. Someone like Bournemouth, Sunderland etc. 

Even then the likes of Andre Gray would probably be costing £3M+, Grabban still managed 12 goals even though he wasn't getting picked regularly! Which indicates his value is still around £3M. Cardiff want to recoup some of the £3M they paid so I imagine he'd be around the £2M mark. Not sure about Wells and Donaldson but you can bet they'd be wanting upwards of £1.5M a piece. 

Murphy could be a HUGE signing for us, free agent on big wages but those wages could justify not paying a transfer fee. Show him the vision of the club and the direction and we could have the best striker in the league. As it is, I can see a Prem team taking a punt on him for free. Someone like Bournemouth, Sunderland etc. 

Agree, with all of that. It's not going to come cheap getting in the strikers we need and it won't be easy bringing in what we need given the competitiveness of the division.

Those were just the most realistic names plucked from the top Championship goalscorers list for last season. Hard to say who we'll bring in, when none of us know how much we will spend. Out of those I mentioned Murphy, Grabban and Wells are the stand out's in my opinion but none of those will come cheap.

If we're looking at proven goalscorers at this level then those will be some of the types of strikers we'll be considering unless the likes of Nugent and Murray are allowed to leave and drop back down to this level?

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

£3 million is the going rate for a striker at that level, more if you want something really special. If we aren't prepared, or can't even pay the going rate, then we might as well forget all this talk of promotion within two years.

Guest wilyfox

£3 million is the going rate for a striker at that level, more if you want something really special. If we aren't prepared, or can't even pay the going rate, then we might as well forget all this talk of promotion within two years.

Agreed. We won't be reckless spenders - but I do expect us to push the boat out for a striker. If not, any talk of promotion is dead in the water before we even start. It's all very well people saying we can't afford him or can't get them, but the reality is our rivals pay the money and have such players. If we can't compete off the pitch, we won't compete on it.

Edited by wilyfox

Andre Gray, Matt Smith or Chris Wood, Jermain Beckford or ALF as our 3 strikers with Nuhiu, Bus & Lavery while sending May out to Chezzie on loan until January would be great signings and show real intent in my eyes.

Then throw in a Mcgugan type or even Delli Ali on loan, 2 Wingers maybe Jota & Marshall and a left back say Bidwell/Garbutt on loan/Fabio from Cardiff some youngster like that.

All just off top of my head but those 7 Signings would give us a reyt shout at top 6 next season.