Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

I can't see mayor coming back. But one of the main reasons he didn't really feature was that we played a counter attacking game that relied on helan and Antonio to pretty much run the game for us. He always seemed a player that needed to get the ball further up the pitch to do the damage.

Perhaps he would've suited grays style a bit more but I don't think he had much of a defensive side to his game either, but a very talented player when running at a full back

Guest wilyfox

Crystal Palace will listen to offers for striker Dwight Gayle.

Bournemouth are interested in Palace forward Dwight Gayle and Blackburn Rovers striker Josh King.

Guest wilyfox

Think Danny Mayor was the player being dealt with internally over discipline issues. If that was the case, he may have blown his own chances here.

Crystal Palace will listen to offers for striker Dwight Gayle.

Bournemouth are interested in Palace forward Dwight Gayle and Blackburn Rovers striker Josh King.

Didn't see this.

My bad.

Even Preston fans didn't know who Danny Mayor was.

He was snapped up from their reserves such was our level of ambition at the time.

Eh? He played over 70 times for them. I remember talking to my Preston fan mate who was disappointed to lose him at the time. Said he was very inconsistent though. Would be a world beater one game and be anonymous the next two.

Eh? He played over 70 times for them. I remember talking to my Preston fan mate who was disappointed to lose him at the time. Said he was very inconsistent though. Would be a world beater one game and be anonymous the next two.

My Preston mate hadn't heard of him so he said when we signed him. And he was in their reserves at the time.

As much chance of us signing Chris Gayle the cricketer as Dwight Gayle

I agree, but we have to go for these players. People probably said the same about Bournemouth when they were in for players. Yeah sometimes you won't get your man, but as they proved, sometimes you will. Championship clubs with ambitions to be promoted, will be signing players the calibre of Dwight Gayle, make no mistake. If we want to be challenging, that's our remit

Guest trusty_left_peg

Josh Mceachran.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him in the Championship again next year as I can't see him cracking the Chelsea first team again. He's been at Vitesse Arnhem for the year and has picked up after a slowish start, he's been starting regularly as of late.

Mourinho will probably loan him out to Middlesbrough and Karanka, though.

problem is if we go for Gayle sure as hell 8 other championship teams would be in the running and out those clubs we would be very near the bottom of his preferred destination.think he could have had more of a chance at palace sort of player likes of Villa,Sunderland n Newcastle should be looking at

It only takes one player to say yes though and the perception of wednesday could change.

Players talk and if, let's say Gayle, signed up then people start to look at us like a progressive club and the gates open.