Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

problem is if we go for Gayle sure as hell 8 other championship teams would be in the running and out those clubs we would be very near the bottom of his preferred destination.think he could have had more of a chance at palace sort of player likes of Villa,Sunderland n Newcastle should be looking at

Don't disagree Rob, but we have to break the cycle sometime. Bournemouth haven't always been perceived as a top club, or even Palace for that matter. Obviously success helps, but sometimes in order to kick start that, you have to convince players by other means, usually money. Hopefully the new owners realise that, hence the statement, that they'll spend what it takes

He's better than what we've got. But I couldn't imagine Gayle being very popular amongst the impatient lot on here. He does roger all in games. No physical presence, doesn't link play up...Just a good finisher with a little turn of pace.

Surprised you want him tbh guru

It's that turn of pace that does it for me. Even at Premier League level, some of his one on one finishes have been sublime. OK, he's not consistent at that level, but maybe a step down would do wonders for him

Guest wilyfox

Really? He can't play the lone striker role. He's a massive step up from May, but he needs a partner with him, so we'd have to splash out on another striker to compliment him.

Not necessarily. We have Nuhiu and Bus for physical presence. We have two options; buy pace or buy experience. I'd go for pace in Gayle.

Not necessarily. We have Nuhiu and Bus for physical presence. We have two options; buy pace or buy experience. I'd go for pace in Gayle.

If we're going in with Nuhiu as first choice, we can forget about challenging the top 6. Bus is still a relative unknown. I don't think anyone can really say what kind of striker he is yet, never mind how good he is.

For me, primarily, we need a striker who can play the lone role. A Deeney/Wilson/Gray/Jerome type. Someone who can do a bit of everything. Gayle would be expensive (very unlikely anyway), and unless Bus turns out to be a complete forward, we'd still be missing that type even if we did sign him.

Not a hope in hell will Dwight Gayle leave Palace to play championship football, if he was to leave Palace at all he will get a premier league club

Not a hope in hell will Dwight Gayle leave Palace to play championship football, if he was to leave Palace at all he will get a premier league club

With all due respect if he's nowhere near the Palace side what makes you think he'd get anywhere near another Prem side?

Im not saying I want him back but he was 21 when he joined us and had done well for Preston. Never played in League Two

Sorry I should have just put lower leagues as I wasn't sure where we got him from. But the point still remains. He excelled in the lower league, stepped up, but could break through. He's now excelling again in the lower leagues

Gayle has been linked to bournemouth already. Wouldn't be beyond the realms of impossibility that Norwich could sign him as a lewis grabban replacement either. Likewise pulis could possibly look at him if they need to replace berahino, someone he worked with last season. Although two of those theories are my own speculation, I certainly see him getting some prem interest

Edited by oneeyedmilkman

Dwight Gayle is being chased by PL newcomers Bournemouth and his club Palace will want to recoup most of what they paid for him.

Luke Garbutt is being linked with offers from the likes of Swansea, Palace and Bournemouth and they'll have to pay around £4mill when it goes to a tribunal.

Those players are way out of our League and will still be PL players no doubt about it.

Cardiff are being linked with a move for Ipswich's Daryl Murphy, their 32 year-old top scorer and the Championship's top league goalscorer last season.

He's the sort of player we should be looking at.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Although there have been good moves off the pitch with the committee appointments; the infrastructure, scoreboard and the pitch itself.

A bit of perspective is starting to creep in after missing out for Jed Wallace to Wolves and with the struggle to bring McGugan in permanently.

Although I'm still optimistic that the days of penny-pinching and settling for cheap-option crocks and loanees are potentially gone, 

we're saddled with a big player recruitment job after letting so many players go, so hopefully we can compete with other Championship clubs and bring in much better than what we released.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

If we're going in with Nuhiu as first choice, we can forget about challenging the top 6.

Absolute drivel.

Nuhiu was our leading scorer last season, playing in a team with limited attacking options.

If we could sign someone with the pedigree and proven goal record of Gayle, and played him alongside Nuhiu, who's selfless link up play is a really plus point, then there's absolutely no reason why Nuhiu couldn't get the goals he got this season. Add that to a potential 20 goals from a proven marksmen (and goals from the likes of Lee, McGugan & Maguire (and whoever else we sign!)) then there's nothing at all stopping us from becoming a top 6 side with Nuhiu in the side.

Nuhiu's obvious strengths are his link up, his selfless play and the fact he draws attention from defenders. We struggled last season, because he was expected to do all that and be the teams primary goal threat... A role that should have been taken by Stevie May.

Actually Gayle is the type of player who Nuhiu needs alongside, someone who is quick, sharp and able to run beyond. May is too slow for that role and when they both play together, we have the most pedestrian strike force in the division. However, I think we do need two strikers, a quick striker like Gayle, and someone to lead the line, or at least to give us the option of playing a lone striker.

Actually Gayle is the type of player who Nuhiu needs alongside, someone who is quick, sharp and able to run beyond. May is too slow for that role and when they both play together, we have the most pedestrian strike force in the division. However, I think we do need two strikers, a quick striker like Gayle, and someone to lead the line, or at least to give us the option of playing a lone striker.

Nahki Wells perhaps? Dwight Gayle is unrealistic and out of our League and he'll probably end up at one of the newly promoted sides to the top flight, unless Palace decide to keep him.

I too think we need at least two strikers, maybe three. That Ivan Toney albeit young and a lower league striker, looks ideal for us if he doesn't end up at Wolves or someone similar.