Retain list

I think the strikers are in the most danger.  What a shame it would be for Lavery, Bus and May to see their chances of progression disappear when we sign strikers of real quality.  it will take some mental strength on their part to hang around and fight for their place/progress in the U21s.

May might go back to Scotland in the summer at this rate.

There needs to be space to bring in the kind of players that can virtually guarantee promotion.

Also I heard , and I paraphrase, "massive player turnover this summer"

That won't happen if we retain 5 players.

It will because there's another 10 or so out of contract. 10 out 10 in. Pretty massive

I think the strikers are in the most danger. What a shame it would be for Lavery, Bus and May to see their chances of progression disappear when we sign strikers of real quality. it will take some mental strength on their part to hang around and fight for their place/progress in the U21s.

May might go back to Scotland in the summer at this rate.

I think 5 strikers is reasonable for a squad.

Unless someone comes in with a bid, Nuhiu probably isn't going anywhere, and I think we will spend decent money on two quality strikers. I think 2 from 3 of the younger forwards you mentioned will get a decent crack at it. To be honest I think May might be the one to bite the bullet (although a loan back up to Scotland and we might as well just sell him. Needs to continue in England even if it's in League One to have any future here)

I think 5 strikers is reasonable for a squad.

Unless someone comes in with a bid, Nuhiu probably isn't going anywhere, and I think we will spend decent money on two quality strikers. I think 2 from 3 of the younger forwards you mentioned will get a decent crack at it. To be honest I think May might be the one to bite the bullet (although a loan back up to Scotland and we might as well just sell him. Needs to continue in England even if it's in League One to have any future here)

He's an asset of the club with great potential.  A loan to league 1 is a good shout.  Problem is that he's had his ego stroked that much at SJ and in signing for us that it might put his nose out of joint.

Edited by wednesdaywizard

Guest Gazzaswfc

Keep lee loovens Buxton maguire & semedo rest can go always good to have good pro's round the squad with the club at heart all 5 of these do in my opinion if squad gets a few injures always good to have a big squad

I hate these kind of threads. They either tend to be over flattering or insulting to a squad of players who have given their all to the team effort.

As I have said before players tend to know whether they are half way through the door or nailed on. To pontificate about what we already have a good idea about tends to undermine team spirit and togetherness and can cause acrimony.

This is doubly so after a small group of players on the 'At Risk' list, take to the local media bigging up the manager. Try and remember that the players have wives and families sat at home wondering what the future holds.  

You know what I'm not even certain we will be bring in McGugan now.

The talk between 'the committee' might have to involve quite a bit of compromise on Gray's part.

Aye, Gray wants McGugan, Roeder says Iniesta is better, but Pearson thinks Delap still has a year in him. Show of hands will have a split decision, I think this is where Att comes in to make the casting vote.

I hate these kind of threads. They either tend to be over flattering or insulting to a squad of players who have given their all to the team effort.

As I have said before players tend to know whether they are half way through the door or nailed on. To pontificate about what we already have a good idea about tends to undermine team spirit and togetherness and can cause acrimony.

This is doubly so after a small group of players on the 'At Risk' list, take to the local media bigging up the manager. Try and remember that the players have wives and families sat at home wondering what the future holds.  

All the borderline players, actually most of the released payers, will get clubs even if they don't get a contract here.

It's not like they are going to be worried about paying their rent or something. They are on many thousands a week, don't feel too sorry for them.