Retain list

Keep

westwood

lees

maybe palmer

lee

may- just to give him a good shot at it.

semedo

rest just get rid

Wait, do you honestly think this is a good idea?

Players need time to gel, and wholesale changes across the board is rediculous. You're proposing we scrap about 15 players and re-sign 15 players in order to get a first team with enough depth. Why not sign 6 players and keep the majority of the squad we've got? That way we've got 6 new first teamers, 4 or 5 of the lesser players can be released, and we get greater squad depth. 

Edited by StudentOwl

Wait, do you honestly think this is a good idea?

Players need time to gel, and wholesale changes across the board is rediculous. You're proposing we scrap about 15 players and re-sign 15 players in order to get a first team with enough depth. Why not sign 6 players and keep the majority of the squad we've got? That way we've got 6 new first teamers, 4 or 5 of the lesser players can be released, and we get greater squad depth. 

i have missed a couple out like zayatte and that but generally yea id like to see a massive overhaul like they have said will happen. If we do our business at the start of the window instead of during the start of season then they will have time to train together, Your way might still happen though but im thinking of resale value on players, we are carrying to many deadweights

As much as I'd like it to happen, I can't see us making sweeping cuts to the squad.  Gray has built up a culture that he's happy with and pruning the squad too harshly may have detrimental effects on that culture.  I wouldn't be surprised if we run with a big squad for a few months (maybe Christmas) and then discretely move out the "deadwood" after the new players have bedded in. 

I think that the re-signing of Loovens may be key.  Apparently, he is a strong captain and maintains order in the dressing room without creating conflict (to paraphrase Stuart Gray).  Whoever is brought in should not have more influence than Loovens (unless they are to become the new captain that is). 

Edited by shandypants

i have missed a couple out like zayatte and that but generally yea id like to see a massive overhaul like they have said will happen. If we do our business at the start of the window instead of during the start of season then they will have time to train together, Your way might still happen though but im thinking of resale value on players, we are carrying to many deadweights

Melo

Vermijl

Loovens

Bus

Zayatte

Lavery

Kirkland as backup (or even backup/goalkeeper coach if he was up for such a thing!)

And I'd still argue Buxton on a heavily appearance incentivised contract for appearances as on his day he's the best rb at the club

All of these along with your list I'd argue need to stay

Melo

Vermijl

Loovens

Bus

Zayatte

Lavery

Kirkland as backup (or even backup/goalkeeper coach if he was up for such a thing!)

And I'd still argue Buxton on a heavily appearance incentivised contract for appearances as on his day he's the best rb at the club

All of these along with your list I'd argue need to stay

Christ i forgot about vermijl all this talk of spending what is needed has gone to my head but yea i agree with you on all of those only problem is kirkland is wanting to play and getting old he will go to a team who gives him this i reckon

Agree re Kirkland. Would be a shame to lose him but if he's not wanting to hang up his boots just yet then we have no right to keep him off the pitch- could be a top goalkeeper in league 1 and could probably still cut the mustard in the Championship.

Would love him to stay though and take up a part-time coaching role alongside his playing, but that's probably far too idyllic thinking

I'd like to see Buxton get 1 more year, if he stays fit he's extremely valuable to the squad.

I'm not sure about Maguire, I can see it going either way, there will be plenty of clubs happy to snap him up on a free. I can just it now, him scoring against us at Hillsborough next season for someone like Birmingham, running down to the kop celebrating Adebayor style and winding us all up. The cheeky so-and-so.

Listening to the press conference yesterday and reading the statement about Aldridge today I think some will be surprised about how much activity there will be and how many of our current squad will stay. I personally would keep Lee, Maguire I'm 50/50 about, I'd like Semedo to stay but just out of sentiment on my behalf. Buxton again I'm not sure about, I think Gray expected Vermijl to come in and make that position his but has been a bit disappointing up to now. The likes of Corry. McCabe, Coke and Madine are already gone imo. I recon there will be 10-12 going and the same amount coming in but all first team top of the championship quality.