Jordan Rhodes

When I first heard the story about Rhodes to Sheffield Wednesday for £12m I thought what a load of tosh!

But the events of the past few days have got me thinking.

Clearly Roder and Pearson wouldn't come on board if Chansiri was going to be serious about investment.

Then I see in the Sun today that Nottingham Forest are preparing a £10m bid for him (I know its the sun, it also makes a mockery of FFP).

Are we now in a position to rival clubs in the championship for the very best players?

Can we match Forests bid?

I personally think we could spend £10m better than on just one signing.

But what a signing it would be and would really signal Chansiri's intent to the fans, and the rest of the championship.

So would you have Rhodes for £10m? Is he worth it? or could we spend the money more wisely?

There's no doubting he's a proven goalscorer, but to blow £10m on one player when it could be spread throughout the rest of the team on players of a similar calibre (albeit without the goalscoring record) then it seems a bit of a waste IMO. I personally would have Gestede over Rhodes.

But..... It's the goal scoring Calibre that we have so sorely missed.

Had we had a player of the Jordan Rhodes elk we would be in the play offs this season no two ways about it.

Yeah you can buy cheaper (Wilson at Bournemouth for example was £3m) but there is no certainty they will make the step up.

I don't think we will sign Rhodes, but if they want quick success as it appears they do, we need a proven goal scorer at this level or higher.

But..... It's the goal scoring Calibre that we have so sorely missed.

Had we had a player of the Jordan Rhodes elk we would be in the play offs this season no two ways about it.

Yeah you can buy cheaper (Wilson at Bournemouth for example was £3m) but there is no certainty they will make the step up.

I don't think we will sign Rhodes, but if they want quick success as it appears they do, we need a proven goal scorer at this level or higher.

No we wouldn't as we would still have mediocrity like maguire Helen Hutchinson etc behind him. We need to strengthen all over not just blow it all on one player

10 million is a lot if you only have 10 million to spend but if you have 20 million then blowing half on a proven goalscorer doesnt seem such a bad deal .....top goal scorers win you games and get you promoted thats why they cost so much  if we had rhodes this season with the chances we have created & missed we´d be in the play offs .

I think Wickham is better but would surely cost more than Rhodes?

I seem to remember Sunderland saying they would accept 5 or 6 million for him somewhere, I know they paid 8 for him but a cheeky bid wouldn't hurt

Edited by bunts-swfc