Jordan Rhodes

Forsyth

Bryson

Russell

Martin

all play for Scotland

So does Rhodes are you telling me its beyond the realms of possibilty they know what Rhodes earns ?

It is possible they talk, yes.

However, those conversations making their way to the players mates, then the mates of the players mates, and the family dog tend to be bullsh*t lol

Guest wilyfox

Rhodes deserves a shot at the premier league, as does Deeney. Each had 3yrs banging goals in the championship; they've paid their dues.

But..... It's the goal scoring Calibre that we have so sorely missed.

Had we had a player of the Jordan Rhodes elk we would be in the play offs this season no two ways about it.

Yeah you can buy cheaper (Wilson at Bournemouth for example was £3m) but there is no certainty they will make the step up.

I don't think we will sign Rhodes, but if they want quick success as it appears they do, we need a proven goal scorer at this level or higher.

Was just about to say the same thing, I too think £10m on one player sounds stupid when we could bring in 3 very good players for the same money but its a proven scorer we need, as has been said before, if we had, had one this season I do think we would be top 6 (just).

That makes perfect sense then, and I'm sure Rhodes is happy for his mate to get going telling his mates, who then tell their mates all about his contract.

Must be on £35k a week and a £5k goal bonus then.

Thanks for confirming that for me, much appreciated.

You sound like you need to get laid mate, relax a bit ffs.

:biggrin:

I'd say its more reliable than a red top pal but that's just MO

Both gossip and not the most reliable of sources pal.

Regardless, £50k/week or £40k/week (as Rhodes scores every bloody week anyway!) I suspect he'll be out of our price range and probably get a shot with a Premiership club. If any club gets Rhodes in the current market for £4.5-7m then they've got a bargain!

Just to back Parkerowl up a bit here. I know the odd player now and ones in the past and the do talk about other players wages when they've known that player. It just seemed liked mates talking about a normal jobs salary to them. You could also argue that agents will know wages of many players as when pimpin their client they will want to get the best deal, then the player himself finds out. The last bit is guesswork but the first bit is true from my own experience

That makes perfect sense then, and I'm sure Rhodes is happy for his mate to get going telling his mates, who then tell their mates all about his contract.

Must be on £35k a week and a £5k goal bonus then.

Thanks for confirming that for me, much appreciated.

Given the way he plays and his overall team contribution I think those figures must be the wrong way round.

Just to back Parkerowl up a bit here. I know the odd player now and ones in the past and the do talk about other players wages when they've known that player. It just seemed liked mates talking about a normal jobs salary to them. You could also argue that agents will know wages of many players as when pimpin their client they will want to get the best deal, then the player himself finds out. The last bit is guesswork but the first bit is true from my own experience

Exactly my point, if my mate got a new job and I said 'what you on at ya new place pal?' he'd tell me im sure. I wouldn't be a massive secret as we are friends.

It's because we generally dont move in those circles that some people think its so secretive.  

Edited by parkerowl

The choice of Player X over Player Y may have to be put on hold for a while. The appointments of Roeder & Pearson would seem to indicate a different approach to the management of the club. My first thoughts on hearing the news was 'what the hell/', but further delving into the appointment of these two, and listening to THEIR views on what their positions are, it seems that the Owner has completely different ideas of how a football Club should be run,

My initial thought  was 'Committee-a horse designed by a committee was - a Camel', but listening to the interview, it appears that our Owner/Chairman wants to run the club on business lines, whereby everyone has their own specific role. It means that Stuart Gray will be allowed to manage the playing side to his way of thinking.,he will not be charged with the day to day running of the club, and even have someone who will do what was once known as scouting, but will tell Roeder what he wants, what is his overall idea of how the club should be  heading, and it will be up to Roeder to provide the requirements for SG to carry out the task, whilst Pearson looks after the Commercial/Marketing side of things. In other words - one man one job, but all reports to the Boss, who has the final say.Seems good, solid business sense to me, and apparently works in Europe, which, if we are honest are in a completely different League to us.    

When I first heard the story about Rhodes to Sheffield Wednesday for £12m I thought what a load of tosh!

But the events of the past few days have got me thinking.

Clearly Roder and Pearson wouldn't come on board if Chansiri was going to be serious about investment.

Then I see in the Sun today that Nottingham Forest are preparing a £10m bid for him (I know its the sun, it also makes a mockery of FFP).

Are we now in a position to rival clubs in the championship for the very best players?

Can we match Forests bid?

I personally think we could spend £10m better than on just one signing.

But what a signing it would be and would really signal Chansiri's intent to the fans, and the rest of the championship.

So would you have Rhodes for £10m? Is he worth it? or could we spend the money more wisely?

I think your third line has an obvious error and the rest of it is pie in the sky.