Bournemouth fans though..

i thought wilson was miles offside when he ran into the ball and into the box, only saw it once but my gut feeling was he was offside. not complaining though, i thought the ref was ok for the most part, yes he did talk to our players but a lot of refs do that before getting the cards out and when he talked to our players there was always one of their players there too. overall im happpy with that result with 3 enforced changes including westwood before kick off, so buxton had to drop into center back. at that point i thought it was going to end up 4 - 1 to them with so many of our players out.

Guest Darkus Owlus

I wouldn't mind a few players off em if they do c.ock it up

I'm not so sure, time and time again in this League you see tinpot teams go on a eurphoria rampage and then fail to achieve and end up in oblivion.

I think they've got a few good players but this is a bad league and they benefitted from a good run, the rest of their team have just ridden the eurphoria train.

Very funny comment on their forum match report

To the Wednesday fans rejoicing at "come to spoil your party" - its a shame a footballing institution is reduced to this and you might lament more the fact you never get to have a party in your huge empty stadium due to your woeful home record rather than rejoice in others missing out.

Think it may be more down to the fact that we have a great travelling support and were celebrating a good performance

15i4xon.jpg

That's amazing.

They do have a point with the ref, blatant peno...but how many times have we had that claim waved away? What goes around comes around...

Anyway, I felt besides the goals the best chances we ours, Maguire's FK that hit the post then Lavery should have scored,the shot cleared off the line and Laverys open net....on a different day they'd be going home with 0 points.

Edited by Del_Liles

They'd arguably be the smallest club ever go up into the Prem. 

Comparisons with Swansea and Stoke just don't add up, as those two clubs are a fair bit bigger. 

Credit to them for being on the brink of promotion, but I'm not convinced that they have what it takes to make themselves into some sort of mainstay in the top flight. 

Overspend and they could very well end up like a Blackpool, Wigan or Bradford. 

Time will tell I suppose. 

Edited by SiJ

Very funny comment on their forum match report

To the Wednesday fans rejoicing at "come to spoil your party" - its a shame a footballing institution is reduced to this and you might lament more the fact you never get to have a party in your huge empty stadium due to your woeful home record rather than rejoice in others missing out.

What a pompous knobber. 

yeah but it seems lost on him that our 'empty stadium' has this season, averaged twice as many fans per game as their poopoo little tinpot of a ground holds, so he should shut the f.00k up pronto.

11k tho, just another toytown.

The Premier will pat them on the head,then chew them up and spit them out

I think so tbh. 

This Championship is a weak division in terms of actual quality, despite the fact that it is competitive and interesting. 

Not sure the Prem is what it once was in terms of quality (look at how English teams fair against their European counterparts), but the three sides who got promoted last season, who have greater quality than the four teams gunning for automatic this season, have all struggled like crazy. 

Can't see how Bournemouth, who I think will still go up, can bring in the sort of quality, without spending money that they simply can't afford. 

They've only had two seasons in the Championship, so a fairly large chunk of that side is still from the team that was playing in League One and Two not so long ago.