OFFICIAL TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD- SPLASH THE CASH EDITION

@robstaton: Had confirmation that Sheff Wed are closing in on Man Utd's Marnick Vermijl as well as Sergiu Bus. Neither deal done but #SWFC not far off.

Yet we have all seen the photos of Bus at Hillsborough, holding up a Wednesday shirt, in that typical "just signed for this club" pose. Come on @robstaton....keep up. It is a done deal, it just hasn't been announced officially.

A big signing will be to keep hold of Westwood.

Hopefully with the takeover we won't be looking for bids for him

Nobody has put a bid in for him, and as we can guarantee him both first team football and possibly more money to stay (if it came down to that), even if someone did come in it would take a serious offer to even get our attention.

Edited by ChapSmurf

We won't spend much. Probably a nominal fee for McGugan, Bus for £350k, and a couple of loans.

Would be made up if we got Wood on loan and a winger who can actually provide chances for him.

McGugan is the one though. He's done it before at this level, is young and available at a reasonable price. We want him and he enjoyed his time here, so we should be able to wrap this one up pretty smartly. I would hate to lose out on him because we were trying to get a loan deal. That would really p@ss me off

If we sign Vermijl does that mean Buxton has played his last game or that Gray has decided Palmer isn't really up to playing RB?

I didn't think RB was a priority for us with Lee being able to play there.

Guest Frickley Owl

If we sign Vermijl does that mean Buxton has played his last game or that Gray has decided Palmer isn't really up to playing RB?

I didn't think RB was a priority for us with Lee being able to play there.

When highly rated young players become available from a top club it is probably best to go for it if you can afford it.